Chalmers University of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chalmers University of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited in an one hour skype interview which was the first step in the recruitment process. During the interview they told me that they will soon contact my references regarding this position. They never contacted the contacts I gave to them. However I proceed to the next step which was the an assignment of nominally one hour. After I delivered the assignment it took them more than two weeks to officially reject me. I suspect that they kept me "in-game" in case their first candidate declines their offer. After all they never provided a feedback and they never contacted my references. Both aforementioned points indicate that I was used as a sub in a process already decided.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Non-technical questions since the professor needed somebody do some perspective study for the future industry and research. The professor is nice. He told me what he is going to do for the next few years and introduced his labs. And then he told me his decision that he want some one who has enough industry experience. And told me that I am not suitable.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose Chalmers university? And do you know the school?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology.

Interview

one to one interview, questions regarding my previous work experiences and studies. Relaxed environment. No dressing code in Sweden just casual clothes.
    I was introduced to the lab people, offered fika (coffee time in sweden). Then they contacted me after 1 week to tell me that I was chosen for the position and the details of when will I start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      Why would you like to join our group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology (Gothenburg (Sweden)).

Interview

Interview, no difficult questions asked. No questions about skill sets except one about a prior paper. Mainly a chat. Interviewers did not seem very competent interviewing. The reason I rate the interview negatively is that information from interviewers about the job turned out to be less than truthful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiters gave a recently published article from their group a week before the scheduled Skype interview, asked to study the article, summarize the most important aspects of the article and asked to submit the summary a day before the interview. The Skype interview lasted 30+ minutes. It was very friendly. I could answer all the answers spontaneously.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to post? With what knowledge/expertise of yours you would contribute to the group. What is your motivation to do the research? Where do you see yourself in future? How do you look at the life and the work balance? What best suits you to work in group or as a independent researcher?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in April 2016.

Interview

email communications, and then Skype interview. Afterward, email to communicate for minor issues. The interview mostly focused on my scientific past works. Not much follow up questions though.

Interview Questions

• A short introduction of my prior work and also the PI introduced his/her lab and the project. Not specifically in detail bu sufficient to know each other. A Relax and friendly conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology.

Interview

25 days after deadline of the application (end of september), I was invited to an online interview. A few days after the interview, I was invited to an on-site interview. On site interview was at the beginning of december. Interview lasted a full day. They gave their answer at the and of that day.

They are very professional by all means. However, on-site interview was quite fierce in terms of difficulty. On the morning session, they asked me to make a presentation about myself to the group (other applicants did this too). Then they asked some questions regarding to my research interests. The most difficult part was 1:1 interview with each member of the team. All of them asked quite difficult questions. My background was unrelated with the project topic and thus, I was not qualified enough to answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a recent research paper that looks interesting to you in this field.   1 Answer

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in August 2013.

Interview

There was an interview conducted via Skype by a professor and his assistant. Not technical questions but relatively common ones regarding my intentions and background. There was also a homework about writing a 400-words summary of a scientific paper relative to the PhD position and should be completed in a week.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a position that I saw in the website. Then they contacted me asking for an skype interview: it was about one hour, talking about my background, and why would I like to go to Sweden. Afterwards (about two or three weeks later), they contacted asking for an interview in person, where I had to travel there and prepare a presentation about a scientific topic related to the one of the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in March 2012.

Interview

I had applied online through university website for PhD opened position. I sent all my particulars and the research proposal. The research group short listed my application and informed me by mail. Then they arranged online video conferencing through Skype for detailed discussions

Interview Questions

• I was living in Pakistan, when I applied to the PhD position opening. The intended supervisor along with the head of department and research mentors asked a detailed questions about my MS research wok, job experience etc   1 Answer