Chandler Marketing Group Direct Sales Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chandler Marketing Group

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Direct Sales Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chandler Marketing Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

The first interview was with the owner/manager in a professional looking office environment. It was very a very brief "tell me about yourself" interview. The second was with an employee with some experience in the company and was in a group setting (it was two of us). We had some brief, simple questions asked to us and our resumes glanced over. We were taken to Home Depot and given a basic tour of what we would be doing. It consisted of direct sales involving speaking to a high volume of Home Depot customers from Monday to Friday (11AM to 7PM) and four to five hours on Saturday, and attempting to sell them cabinet refacing services. It was explained that to be successful, the rep should constantly get around 15 sales each week and travel to a different Home Depot in the tidewater are each day. After that, the company structure was explained and it appeared very much like a pyramid structure. The advancement through the four levels seemed to be more accelerated than what common sense would dictate. There are four levels to the company; Level 1 consists of direct sales at Home Depot solely, Level 2 was "Account Executive" where in addition to the direct sales, one must build a sales team (the employee would spend around 6 months doing this). Level 3 was when the employee would receive the title "Assistant Manager" and receive a salary instead of working for strictly commission and would be exposed to the office managerial aspects of the business including HR and associated costs. It was explained that the employee would only be doing this for approximately 2 months. Finally was Manager / Owner, where the employee would be given the freedom to pretty much manage the entire business "from their yacht" or "the golf course", and make approximately $120K per year.

Interview Questions

• Given the words, "Fun, Money, Advancement" place them in order.   1 Answer

It sounded like a scam and the pay starting out was slightly above minimum wage.