Chandler Unified School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chandler Unified School District

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

You are asked about your education and available hours. You need to get your fingerprints and clearance and an official copy of your transcripts. That is what takes the most time, you have to start about 4 to 6 weeks before you want to start.

Interview Questions

• There is no real interview, you just submit your transcripts and your fingerprints.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

AVID Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with the principal and the AVID teacher. They asked me about my previous work experience and then I was able to go into the classroom and watch the AVID process in motion. After the interview, I was told to apply online and that HR would be in touch with me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District.

Interview

Phone screen, interview with school counsellor, interview with Principal. Phone call to tell me I got the job. First interview was very informal; show you love kids and have a brain and you'll be fine. Final with the Principal was tough. She gave situations and I had to provide not only what I'd do, but why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

District-Wide Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. Getting an interview took a while though. I had about 8 applications for various positions and still waited almost 3 months for a call back. When I finally scheduled my interview it was great. The interview itself didn't feel like an interview. It was very relaxed and felt like a conversation with a question thrown in once in a while. I didn't feel pressured and enjoyed it.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed on two separate occasions and offered a position following the second interview. Very professional demeanor by both interviewers. Mostly asked questions referring to my experience working with children. The payrate is non-negotiable since it is set mostly by the state, so length of previous experience seemed to matter little.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you found yourself in a potentially inappropriate position while you were in a position of trust?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

Took a while to get an interview. As with all districts, lengthy process of application, documentation, transcripts, letters of rec. etc. Interviewed first with HR, later called in to two different schools. The first interview went well, they scheduled me for a second. Before that time arrived, I was offered a job during an interview at another local school.

Interview Questions

• How will you relate to our diverse hispanic community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None possible

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District (Chandler, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

It was a quick interview. I knew the interviewer so we just discussed the nature of the job and proceeded with drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chandler Unified School District in June 2008.

Interview

General teaching interview. Asked about educational theory. Classroom management style. Questions on parental involvement.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your managment style in the classroom.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None