Change.org Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Change.org Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Change.org

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Change.org.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me out of a blue and talked to me for an hour just to setup a phone interview. So we set up a interview and the interviewer cancels on me, supposedly an emergency happened. So we reschedule. Then the interviewer never calls me. I email the recruiter to ask what happened and he claims that he called me and didn't get an answer. Of course my phone never received a call and I know my phone is working because I was just talking to someone else an hour ago. So we reschedule yet again. This time, the interviewer call me, asks me questions about the technologies I've worked with like Elasticsearch. Questions lke: "I'm not familiar with NoSQL, can you tell about it" and some how got on the topic of promises for node js and asked what's good about them. The call didn't even last 15 minutes and then he said that's all he needed and hung up.

So, he didn't even ask me a technical question, or about my background, just used me to explain to him things he didn't know about and then hung up. In any case, I get an email later without even a subject saying they're not moving forward with my application.

What a giant joke, they reach out to me and don't even bother to do a decent interview. They wasted so much of my time just preparing to take their call and waiting for a call that didn't happen. And then, when it did happen, the guy didn't even give a damn.

Bottom line, don't bother with this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Change.org

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn. Interview process was standard. I was in touch with multiple recruiters, but each made themselves available as a point of contact for me. I had a screener with an engineer and the recruiter. Both were friendly. Then, I had a takehome. Then, I had an onsite.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org in August 2019.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. Take-Home
    3. Onsite

Pretty straight forward process. Nothing too heavy. Lots of language-specific questions, and heavy questions about scale which makes sense as they are a consumer-facing application.

Only note to add is that the time spent on the take-home will vary between your exposure to their tech stack + role. If you can do it within the suggested time that is a good indicator you are right for the job. Otherwise, it may not be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• JS specific questions (think spread operator and callbacks/promises)

+ Questions to how you approached the take-home assignment.   Answer Question
    • Questions about scale (throughput, and threads)   Answer Question
    • The Classic TinyURL system design question   Answer Question
    • Behavioral Questions (weakness/strength)   Answer Question
    • Product questions (how would you improve the product? etc.)   Answer Question