ChannelAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a short phone call asking about your basic info; asked you a couple of questions about the position and the understanding of the job responsibility. Said they will get back to me in a couple of days to discuss about further movement.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of this position? Do you understand saas?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Started by attending an open house. It was a neat experience, but if your not ready to climb the social ladder within the couple hours your there, this may not be for you. I enjoy meeting and greeting so it was not too bad. Met with several managers and other current SDR employees at the open house and enjoyed catered food and beer. I was given a tour of the facility and provided a resume to a manager.

I was later contacted by an HR representative that provided information on the Salary and other assorted things. We later set up a time for an interview. The interview was supposed to include a mock sales call and they send an email saying you should look over a case study and be ready to preform. All correspondence is done through some sort of company email server and is very blunt and to the point. You don't get much emotion out of the company until you talk to someone in person.

A week later, I went in for an interview. There were others present but I am not sure if it was for a similar position or not. Even after, I did not know how many positions they were trying to fill.

The first group of interviewers were all sales managers, they all seemed to have written down and scripted questions to ask. They then passed me off to a few SDRs for a peer interview and they asked similar questions. It was straight forward, no crazy questions, and there was no mock sales call that ever happened. They did not even mention it. Disconnect between managers and HR maybe?

They escorted me out and said I would be hearing from them. The following week I received a call from a manager who asked if I had any questions, wanted to know how the interview went, and was very ambiguous about what he wanted to talk about. It was like he was fishing for something for me to say specifically and it never came out.

A few days later I received a blunt email saying they had decided to move on with someone else.

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Standard phone screen/phone interview/video conference with hiring manager. Initiated the process in Dec. before the holiday then they kicked the can down the road each time I followed up with the recruiter. Why do companies drag these things out so long? Tends to leave a bad impression in the mind of the applicant since no feedback or decision was provided several weeks after the final round.

Interview Questions

• Position was based remotely so they asked how I felt about working from home....   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Spent a maximum of 20 minutes on both the HR screen and the first discussion with management
    Focus of the conversations were on my ability to cold call and state value from the first touch - Definitely not looking for relationship-based sales people. I shifted to 'Hunter Mode' and breezed by their basic questions. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• 'Why do you want to work in sales'?   1 Answer

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I first had a phone screen, then an office visit. The office interview went well, met with four team members in two separate sessions, and then later my manager. All questions were fair and the process did not drag out too long. I received my offer within a week of the office interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your current background best prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Mid-Market Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

2 hours long, a lot of talk about the culture and new training implementation. Spoke with new hire management, and senior reps conducted the interview. Promised a career ooath model and advancement opportunity. Failed to mention this was about to change dramatically.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation you experienced wile working in sales and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied online. Had two phone interviews. First was with HR about 30 minutes. HR was very professional, polite and respectful. Questions about the company, past experience with SQL testing, automation tools etc.. Second phone interview was with QA Engineer around 30 minutes. Asked questions about bug report, Kanban, what's important for a product?, Scrum.

Interview Questions

• technical questions: what's important for a product from QA point of view? Experience with Kanban?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Approximately 30 minute phone interview with one of the Sales Managers
    3. Approximately 2-3 hours of interviewing with two New Hire Sales Managers and Three Sales Managers
    4. Quick 30 minute interview with 1-2 Sales Directors
    They are very polite, respectful and welcoming of candidates

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult or unexpected. Know your numbers and be able to explain your process   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a little

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied via their website and was contacted by a recruiter within the company. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and later a member of the team. During the phone interviews, it was clear that I more than met the requirements and needs of the position. I was invited in for a face to face interview. The staff were unenthusiastic, disengaged and had a negative attitude throughout the entire interview. There were no in depth technical questions and nothing substantive in terms of trying to determine technical ability.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied online, had a friend currently working there as referrer. The recruiting team is very responsive and professional. Because it is a intern position, interview questions are relatively easy. Two question that I can remember, one is how to invert a string; the other one is how to find the first 20 largest numbers in a array.

Interview Questions

• technical question: how to find out the first largest 20 numbers in a array length of N.   Answer Question