ChannelAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ChannelAdvisor

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

I was initially contacted and interviewed by HR. Then about 2 weeks later I was interviewed by 4 employees for about 2 hours. About half of the interview was what I expected; talking about past experiences, how I solved problems, and significant accomplishments. The other half was not really what I expected and was a series of questions asking me to regurgitate textbook definitions about software development. To me this indicated the lack of interviewing experience/intelligence of the individuals conducting the interview. Everything I read about the organization indicated that they were a talented group of software developers so I was really expecting more conceptual based questions. If had known I was going to be asked to provide textbook definitions I would have spent the previous week memorizing them, which would only serve to prove that I can memorize things. Not too impressed even if there had been an offer I wold not have taken it.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Interface?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Ask working experience and go through the resume. Then ask for a particular project I ve done and let me show how did I design, implement, and test the program. Then ask me some questions during my speech. Spend some time on introducing their company.

Interview Questions

• Introduce some your experience about software   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied online, had a friend currently working there as referrer. The recruiting team is very responsive and professional. Because it is a intern position, interview questions are relatively easy. Two question that I can remember, one is how to invert a string; the other one is how to find the first 20 largest numbers in a array.

Interview Questions

• technical question: how to find out the first largest 20 numbers in a array length of N.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Unfortunately, I had two bad experiences with CA. I was first contacted by HR though LinkedIn. Sent resume'. Phone call with HR went well. Then in-person interview...but the hiring manager wasn't there so I was basically handed off to some poor guy who had no interest in my resume or skills and just walked me around the office to show me around (and probably stalling so the real hiring manager could show up, which he did not). I was then "interviewed" by three "team members." They really didn't know how to interview (and shouldn't have...it's not their job), so they were just complimentary and nice to me (BTW, none of them are still there). Several weeks go by, with no word, then the form email "it was a tough decision, but...blah, blah." I contact HR to let her know that it was unacceptable, the way I was treated and that I should have had my interview rescheduled due to the hiring manager's absence. She totally agreed but someone was already hired (who I found out had actually worked with one of the managers at a different company...so, I was basically an also-ran from the get-go, as she was their preferred candidate from the start).

A few weeks go by and the same HR contacts me for another interview and a different position, this time in email marketing (an odd position for that company). She sets up a call with that hiring manager (no longer at the company), who spends most of our "phone interview" telling me about all the business trips he has planned in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Melbourne, etc. BUT, he thinks I'd be a great fit and really wants me to come in for an in-person...which (*gasp*) never happened. A few more emails to HR, who basically lets me know that, yes, I've been screwed again, and someone was hired before I could actually come in to interview!

A few more weeks go by. Another email by the same HR (also no longer at the company), saying they have another position available and they'd like me to come in again. (Seriously? Are you kidding me?)
    I sent her a nice but terse letter saying I had no interest in ever talking to them again.

Screwed not once, but twice with Channel Advisor, and possibly could have been screwed over thrice! The whole thing was an exercise in futility. Then again, none of the offenders in this tragedy are actually still at the company...if that tells you anything.

Interview Questions

• The poor underlings that were forced to "interview" me had very basic questions, most were behavioral...strengths/weaknesses-type.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Standard phone screen/phone interview/video conference with hiring manager. Initiated the process in Dec. before the holiday then they kicked the can down the road each time I followed up with the recruiter. Why do companies drag these things out so long? Tends to leave a bad impression in the mind of the applicant since no feedback or decision was provided several weeks after the final round.

Interview Questions

• Position was based remotely so they asked how I felt about working from home....   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor in September 2017.

Interview

Through my interview process with ChannelAdvisor, I learned a lot about the role, expectations, type of customers and the overall culture. The interviewer provided great insight. Even though I did not move forward in the process, I would interview there again for a role that more aligned with my background.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I first had a phone screen, then an office visit. The office interview went well, met with four team members in two separate sessions, and then later my manager. All questions were fair and the process did not drag out too long. I received my offer within a week of the office interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your current background best prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied via their website and was contacted by a recruiter within the company. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and later a member of the team. During the phone interviews, it was clear that I more than met the requirements and needs of the position. I was invited in for a face to face interview. The staff were unenthusiastic, disengaged and had a negative attitude throughout the entire interview. There were no in depth technical questions and nothing substantive in terms of trying to determine technical ability.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I've gotten an email after applying to confirm an interview with the support manager. When she called, I barely had to say anything. She talked for 10 minutes straight explaining the position and how good the job was. She was trying too hard to convince me to accept the job. She asked little to no questions about me or my qualifications. This made me very skeptical about the job, especially after reading about the company and their software online. Overall the interview is easy and the manager was friendly.

After the interview there is an assignment they let you take which is basically answering questions about their software using their website. Most of the questions were easy to find and straight forward. I haven't heard nothing since then, but three weeks later, I've got an email saying the position is no longer available.

I'd highly advise you look up the company and their software, there seems to be many flaws and policies, and working as a technical support, you'll be the front line with these customers. Also, if you do more research in the support department in Morrisville location, you may find out that the culture and environment is very unpleasant and not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They will give you an assessment via email which you have to answer questions regarding their software using their website.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

First, there was a telephone interview with an HR person. Then, you were scheduled for a face to face with 4 people (2 panels). Most of the questions were standard in nature. They asked mostly technical related questions.