ChannelAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChannelAdvisor Interview Questions

Interviews at ChannelAdvisor

2.7

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Both interviews went really well. Then I didn’t hear back for weeks from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new role?   2 Answers

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a good phone and in-person interview experience. Ended up receiving an offer and asked for a slight 4% bump in base salary to account for some additional commuting expenses that I would have to incur in taking the role. After asking for the salary bump, the offer was rescinded without any chance of taking the original offer, just straight up taken away.

The HR contact actually mentioned to me that they have other candidates lined up that would be a better fit based on my request. Pretty crazy that the offer was just taken away based on the request. Just to note, I was not demanding the increase, simply asking if it would be possible

Looks like I dodged a bullet. If you want to work at ChannelAdvisor, you better not try to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Channel advisor?   1 Answer

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Raleigh, NC) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called back by a recruiter for a phone interview. About two weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a follow up interview. About two weeks after that, I was invited in for an in person interview. The interview was about two hours long and took place with three different groups; the hiring manager and another client strategy manager, a more tenured client manager, and finally a peer of the hiring manager and director of this group. Throughout the process, there was a definite lack of communication from the recruiters, I had to follow up constantly every couple of weeks to get an update on what steps were to come next. The expectation that was set by the recruiters as to what to expect during the interview was to discuss market strategy and product knowledge so as to show that I would be able to develop a marketing strategy for a client; however, over the course of the entire interview, I was asked only a single question related to market strategy. The vast majority of interview questions were extremely basic, and what you would expect of an entry level position (see examples below).
    In the end, I felt my time was wasted by interviewers who did not know the right questions to ask for the role. And, potentially offended them by asking critical thinking questions about how their company compares to competitors in their market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What style of leadership do you align with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new, quickly   1 Answer
    • What interested you in our company   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you reconciled a difficult situation with a customer   1 Answer
    • If you had a client that was under performing, what steps would you take to correct their course   1 Answer

Business Analyst- Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

I applied online 1/29/19 and was reached out to via email the next day 1/30/19 asking what time I'd like to schedule an interview. I replied the same day and never got a response back. As the weekend passed, I sent another email 2/01/19 and again on 2/06/19. My last attempt for contact was sent 2/13/19, I heard back the next day 2/14/19 of "apologies for not connecting back sooner" and was told that they went with an internal hire. She then transitioned her response to attempt to schedule me the next day to talk about "future opportunities." I never responded. I took this experience as a reflection of ChannelAdvisor. I wouldn't ever have interest in this company.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter took over 2 weeks to respond to her initial request of scheduling a phone screen.   2 Answers

Amazon Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Raleigh, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

I have NEVER been part of a more disorganized process. I initially applied for the Amazon Marketing Specialist role and had a phone interview setup which I had to wait a week for because the recruiter was going on vacation. Then, when she called the role was no longer available but she thought I’d be a good fit for a different role that was just posted - Client Strategy Manager - Digital Marketing. While waiting for confirmation from the hiring manager that I’d be speaking with..... this role was now also unavailable.

The recruiter was awesome but this process was sloppy and honestly makes me question if there was something against me since BOTH of these positions are STILL posted.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews (5) with various departments and managers. It seemed more about culture fit. Everyone was very welcoming. Didn't seem like it was that hard to get hired there. The Recruiter was instrumental and did a great job.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan to be successful in the first 30-60-90   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I've gotten an email after applying to confirm an interview with the support manager. When she called, I barely had to say anything. She talked for 10 minutes straight explaining the position and how good the job was. She was trying too hard to convince me to accept the job. She asked little to no questions about me or my qualifications. This made me very skeptical about the job, especially after reading about the company and their software online. Overall the interview is easy and the manager was friendly.

After the interview there is an assignment they let you take which is basically answering questions about their software using their website. Most of the questions were easy to find and straight forward. I haven't heard nothing since then, but three weeks later, I've got an email saying the position is no longer available.

I'd highly advise you look up the company and their software, there seems to be many flaws and policies, and working as a technical support, you'll be the front line with these customers. Also, if you do more research in the support department in Morrisville location, you may find out that the culture and environment is very unpleasant and not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They will give you an assessment via email which you have to answer questions regarding their software using their website.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor in September 2017.

Interview

Through my interview process with ChannelAdvisor, I learned a lot about the role, expectations, type of customers and the overall culture. The interviewer provided great insight. Even though I did not move forward in the process, I would interview there again for a role that more aligned with my background.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for the role?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Phone screen then in person interview at their headquarters. In person interview included a short role play activity. Met with multiple managers. Very easy to talk to and asked very basic questions, nothing crazy or hard

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

11 different Interviews with 9 different people over 10 weeks from HR - Prod Mgmt - Tech Support - Marketing - Sales & Sales Mgmt team members...2 of same people interviewed me twice on separate occasions.

Interview Questions

• How well versed are you in "eCommerce" tools & platforms in contrast to your 20 years of I.T. products & services sales successes?   1 Answer