Charles Koch Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2016

3.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviews are politically based. There is absolutely NO diversity of thought, ethnicity, or approach to doing business in this organization. It is a sad commentary. Some of the questions could be considered illegal to ask on an interview. If you have a progressive mindset, this is NOT the place you want to go, at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about minimum wage? What do you think is wrong with the current political climate?   Answer Question

Koch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was short and very conversational. It was qualitative and little hard knowledge was required, though it must have helped. I had two interviewers and both were friendly. They were very curious about my political beliefs.

KochProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Almost all questions are behavioral. The interview was over skype (although some will be brought in to the office if they live close by). The interviewer was very friendly and spoke highly of the program. The videos required for the application are a little uncomfortable but very helpful when screening applicants

Interview Questions

• What three people are most influential in you political philosophy?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute.

Interview

It was a telephone interview, the interviews was very nice, started out with simple questions, but as i answered, she seemed to repeat the same questions but continue to dig about more specificity. Very odd.

Assistant Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute.

Interview

Company communicated clearly throughout the entire process. The only issue I had was the video interview was with a new software, which was a bit difficult to work and I was unfamiliar with. From the email the company sent, you just had to copy and paste the link into your browser, and it worked better on a smart phone than an iPad. Overall, I had a good experience interviewing with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Half hour phone interview. This is a type of prescreening. Asked most of the same questions that are on the internship application so check there before your phone interview. Also, get to know about the company and its ideas. They are concerned with finding people who are the right fit for their environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Charles Koch Foundation or Charles Koch Institute.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute in June 2016.

Interview

Poor communication from the senior talent specialist I interviewed with. Felt like she was reading a script and was phony, not natural and asked questions unrelated to my background and skills. Also took a long time to hear back after I first applied.
    I didnt hear back after my first call and followed up twice before she finally sent me what seemed to be a system generated email letting me know I wasn't a fit for the role. Not sure how they can determine that when most of the time was spent pushing me on my personal views of the government and not what skills I can bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest threat to freedom? What is the ideal role of government?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Kind of hard to work around their schedules. I applied for one position and when I spoke to them on the phone the mentioned that they were talking to me to see what position and department I would fit best in. I took the time to sI peak with them and I was extremely interested in the position. I phone interviewed with them and followed up with them several times. They did not contact me back at all to even let me know that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email about phone interview the following week. 30 minute phone interview the next week, and then told they wanted to meet me for an in person interview. In person interview 3 hours long with 2 different people per hour. Second interview very long and detailed with different members of different teams.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Koch Institute (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

My application process was tough (with several short essays and 3 videos) but I heard that they have already changed that. The interview is also tough, they do not just ask questions about yourself and your experience, they also ask academic questions to make sure you understand and are passionate about the issues.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you thought it was okay to break the rules?   Answer Question
    • Which economic or political thinker are you most influenced by?   1 Answer
    • When is a time you had to make a decision that went against common opinion?   Answer Question