Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

since I am not in CA, I got a pretty long phone interview, around 1 hour;
They asked about my research experience, really detail;
There is a short case at the end, typical case for economic consulting companies, not hard;
Just went through your independent research in every detail, and review some microeconomics concepts if you have time

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charles River Associates

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting and interviewed on campus. Basically just a 30 minute behavioral interview for first round. They seem to be very concentrated on technical skills (model building, using STATA and R.. etc.) and less on traditional behavioral questions. They also value research experience immensely. Difficult to find undergrads who have such extensive data analysis skills. Definitely know your statistical software in and out.

Interview Questions

• Why CRA
      Do you have any experience modeling
      Can you tell us about an experience when you had to use STATA
      Tell us about a time when you had to handle a lot of data

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on my career center website, and got an interview on campus. I was also invited for a second interview in the Oakland office. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Explain an econometric concept to me as if I were an undergrad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was on campus with an alumnus and another analyst, very behavioral. Asked questions about my resume, experiences, and interest in the company. Overall relaxed and fun.

Second round was at the DC office for a superday with ~8 other interview candidates, consisting of 6 or so back to back interviews. Once again the focus was behavioral, they seemed to really be focused on fit. Lots of questions about data, interest in economic consulting, and past experience. NO CASES, which is atypical for the industry.

Interview Questions

• What is an economic concept that you live by?
      What data would you need to collect to make this model work? (in reference to a model I explained learned in class)
      Tell me about a data-intensive project that you've worked on in school?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First round was on-campus interview, and second round is at the office. The first round interview was mainly talk about my experiences and interests. No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus 30-min interview with 2 interviewers. I had this interview at college career service. Two candidates were interviewed separately in one time slot. One candidate was interviewed by one interviewer, and one interviewed by two. I was interviewed by two. The questions were quite standard. They asked my about my proficiency and experience using STATA and R and questions based on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

The entire process entailed college campus recruiting, the initial phone interview, then an all-day on-site final round interview with multiple members of the practice group and lunch with a junior member. Everyone was extremely professional and polite. The culture of the company, at least in the Boston HQ, seems collegial and academic. Despite its large size, the company does a good job maintaining a small-company atmosphere and open culture. People work well together on teams and across the various practice groups. The company has an excellent reputation in the industry, attracting many high-profile clients and interesting projects, which provide a great learning experience for junior members of the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and for this particular practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It's an all day interview that lasts essentially from 9am to approximately 3pm including lunch (with people from the company). You typically meet with 2-3 people at a time that interview you, who all have varying levels of seniority. At the very end you meet 1 on 1 with the Vice President, who gives you more details about the job itself, as well as the next steps of the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

I first applied online and uploaded my resume, cover letter and transcript. Then I had a one-hour in-person interview at my college's career center. It was 40 minutes of asking me about previous internships I had and what I did at them, and then the last 20 minutes was a small case analysis. Then they requested, by email, a writing sample in which I performed data analysis. Then I went in for an all-day office interview where I met with 3 principals, did another case analysis and discussed it with a Senior Associate, then had lunch with 2 junior associates. Then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a few different projects I had during past internships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. A few weeks later I was interviewed at their office. It was a series of four consecutive half hour interviews and a case study+presentation at the end. Everyone was very polite and profession. It felt surprisingly laid back. The questions were sometimes difficult, but nothing out of the ordinary. The case study was challenging. I had to know IRR and NPV equations, how to price a product to maximize revenue, how to incorporate different probabilities into each scenario, and the pros and cons of my methods. Then you have to present it to everyone who has interviewed you.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your internship experience (wanted lots of specifics)
      What type of projects have you worked on?
      Tell me a time when you and a co-worker disagreed.
      What's your greatest strength and weakness.
      What do you know about CRA?/Why CRA?
      How would you value a company?