Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.9

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied in the website and then I had a phone interview with someone from human resource. From there had an interview in the office , where I was asked about my research and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charles River Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was a 30 min on campus interview with two analysts. Just behavioral questions, very informal. Second round was a 3 hour in office interview. 2 20 min behavioral interviews, 1 20 min technical interview (mostly questions related to finance practice) and an hour and a half lunch with two analysts. Overall good experience and pretty easy and laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

first had a phone interview and then asked for a final round in office with 4-5 employees. The questions were mostly behavioral with a brief case and a break for lunch as well.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral and brief case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied via university. First round was on-campus. Second round was in Boston offices (my preferred location). Consisted of four 30-minute interviews--two with junior staff, two with senior staff. Interviews with junior staff were cases; interviews with senior staff were "fit" interviews.

Interview Questions

• An investor wants to start a coffee shop in this lobby of this building, and he wants to turn a profit within a year. (This question was very open-ended.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruitment and got an interview offer 2 days after my submission. Did an interview a week after my submission. 30 mins long interview (on campus recruting)
    5-10 mins about introduction and the rest for research experience.
    Mainly focused around data manipulation tasks experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic fit interview with a focus on research experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

This is about the first round interview. Happens on campus, lasts 45 minutes. First half about your resume: details about past research experience, what kind of data you were working with, etc. Short economic consulting case for second half.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview was a video call screening with a senior and junior staff from different practices. They were very interested in learning about my skill sets in data analysis and software used.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in September 2017.

Interview

Basically, they asked you some questions about your previous experience. They also gave you a case study. The case study was not that difficult but you need to be very careful. The interview last 30 minutes.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

1st round behavioral, final round was told to be just behavioral, ended up having a few case questions. they say that it is just to get to know you because skills can be taught but personality cant be

Interview Questions

• To explain the modeling and analysis and takeaway from a econometrics class I had taken   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

since I am not in CA, I got a pretty long phone interview, around 1 hour;
    They asked about my research experience, really detail;
    There is a short case at the end, typical case for economic consulting companies, not hard;
    Just went through your independent research in every detail, and review some microeconomics concepts if you have time