Charles River Associates Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Charles River Associates Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

The entire process entailed college campus recruiting, the initial phone interview, then an all-day on-site final round interview with multiple members of the practice group and lunch with a junior member. Everyone was extremely professional and polite. The culture of the company, at least in the Boston HQ, seems collegial and academic. Despite its large size, the company does a good job maintaining a small-company atmosphere and open culture. People work well together on teams and across the various practice groups. The company has an excellent reputation in the industry, attracting many high-profile clients and interesting projects, which provide a great learning experience for junior members of the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and for this particular practice?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to an open position through a referral from a current employee. Five 1:1 interviews followed by lunch. Mix of standard behavior ("describe a sticky situation you've been in" etc) and background/resume/experience questions. With the exception of one person who seemed to be having a bad day everyone was extremely professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate damages owed to a pharmaceutical company whose drug patent was infringed upon by a competing product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The process took about a week and I was referred to interview with Marakon, their management consulting arm via phone a few days after the on-campus interview. The CRA interview was behavioral with two interviewers, and the Marakon interview was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you asked for help and then applied it to another experience.
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with uncertainty/ambiguity.
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a team member.
      Tell me about a recent technical skill you gained.
      Answer Question

Analyst - Competition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was an in person interview on my college campus. Within a week I was contacted to schedule an interview at their Boston office. The on site interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with different members of the team and then lunch with other analysts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem working in a group and how did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to current employees before interviews. Applied through my college's recruiting site, and then got a first round on campus interview. Very basic questions. Second round was on site in the city, a marathon day of interviews. Didn't get any case interviews, to my surprise, as the questions focused on my past experience in similar work.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did for your econometric term paper, and how would you change it if you were to do it again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked to 5 people and had 1 case interview. Behavioral was pretty standard and the case was not too difficult. You didn't really need any prior knowledge or formulas to solve it. They just wanted to see how you reasoned through it.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through the job market for PhD economists (AEA conference) in January of 2013. Met for an initial screening during the conference for about an hour. The interview consisted of me talking about my research and my interviewer telling me about his work. Received an invitation for a second-round interview four days later. The interview took place a month after. I met with people in the Boston office and presented my job market paper between 9:30am and 4pm. Loved the people!! I experienced a very non-pretentious environment. Beautiful office.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very low stress, no case questions - mostly "tell me about yourself and I will tell you about myself." Questions about my extensive teaching experience and what useful things I have learned with an eye on how this can help me be a good manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview followed by on site at their office. Office interviews are intense as you are interviewed by 4-5 different people. Received offer via phone and got to visit office again

Interview Questions

• Technical questions followed by behavioral. How to work with people etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

On-campus interview with 2 junior staff. In-office superday with 5 members (3 senior staff, 2 junior staff), and a lunch. Case and behavioral questions. Why CRA and consulting? Focus is on personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - market sizing, and sample entering a new market question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by cases studies.

Interview Questions

• The interview process didn't really have any surprises but I should have known more about the company. General questions:
      Can you talk about your academic background?
      Why are you interested in working at CRAI?
      What technical background do you have in Stata/Excel/SAS?
      Answer Question