Charles River Development Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter on the phone for a phone screening, and they took about 4 weeks to get back to me. After this, a phone call with an engineer was arranged. The individual was highly unpleasant and acted like I was wasting his time, despite answering the questions about 90% correctly. After this call, the recruiter did not reach out to me, and ignored my multiple attempts to contact them.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

phone screening with recruiter, and then meeting with 4 engineers. The whole process took a little bit over a week. There was also a logic test at the end, where you had 20 minutes to answer logic questions.

Interview Questions

• theoretical questions, mainly focusing on Object Oriented conecepts   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus informational session, got a phone interview few weeks after. I thought I nailed the questions, but then I got rejected. The HR is very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are about the most basic concept of derivatives.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview held by HR, all technical questions such as what is swap, bond duration, convexity. 3 interviews with managers of different groups, 1 analytical test and 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. some projects related to this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Except for the analytics test everything went pretty good. They explain more about their company and the job. First round is a behavioural phone call and second round is a technical phone screening and third round is on site.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in a college fair and did a phone interview. The process took about 1-2 weeks. Simple questions about java and how java works. The interviewer was kinda cold, but very polite. I answered most of the questions, but didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• Basic question about Java, such as hashset(), treeset(), and java Library   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

CRD interview process began with a phone screen asking basic computer science/software/logic questions. Then paid for a quick trip to their offices to in person interview for the day. Interviews consisted of 3 software developers each taking 10 minutes to ask screening questions concerning computer science/software/logic topics.

Interview Questions

• What language are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was typical - phone screen, round robin of interviews, presentation. There was an IQ test and a writing sample required, which I found weird, but hey, to each their own. The interview and the company were not awful; I was enthusiastic about having the opportunity to interview. The reason I am giving a negative review is because with all the effort I put into the interview, they never had the courtesy to loop me in to where I was in the process. The recruiter kept up for a little bit, but then just vanished. I interviewed for this role in July, 2016 and to this day, the position is still open. It was a shame, really, because I felt like I brought a lot to the table. Also, since I was an employee referral, I feel that a little professional courtesy should have been extended in the follow-up process, especially given the energy and effort that went into the whole process. It has left a sour taste in my mouth all together.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part about being (this role) and how do you handle that?
      From one interviewer: "I won't sugar coat this, I can be really difficult. How do you handle difficult people?" (This one threw me off a little, especially hearing from someone self-promoting their inability to adjust and change within a team environment while making it clear that they were the issue.)   2 Answers

QA Product Specialist Data Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR screening - Discuss in brief about your past experience, brief about the role and the company
    Technical phone screen - QA related, few SQL questions, 1 puzzle, behavioral questions
    Onsite - 4 rounds + Logical/Analytical test, essay
    Both the company and people working at CRD are really good.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      SQL related -
      Difference between primary and unique key
      Join related queries
      Testing related questions
      Puzzle - 8 balls with one of them heavier than others. Given a weighing scale, find which ball is heavier in minimum number of steps (Answer - 2 steps)   Answer Question

CRD offered a better compensation, but the job role offered at another company aligned more to what I was looking for.