Charles River Development Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.9

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus informational session, got a phone interview few weeks after. I thought I nailed the questions, but then I got rejected. The HR is very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are about the most basic concept of derivatives.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview held by HR, all technical questions such as what is swap, bond duration, convexity. 3 interviews with managers of different groups, 1 analytical test and 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. some projects related to this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Except for the analytics test everything went pretty good. They explain more about their company and the job. First round is a behavioural phone call and second round is a technical phone screening and third round is on site.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was typical - phone screen, round robin of interviews, presentation. There was an IQ test and a writing sample required, which I found weird, but hey, to each their own. The interview and the company were not awful; I was enthusiastic about having the opportunity to interview. The reason I am giving a negative review is because with all the effort I put into the interview, they never had the courtesy to loop me in to where I was in the process. The recruiter kept up for a little bit, but then just vanished. I interviewed for this role in July, 2016 and to this day, the position is still open. It was a shame, really, because I felt like I brought a lot to the table. Also, since I was an employee referral, I feel that a little professional courtesy should have been extended in the follow-up process, especially given the energy and effort that went into the whole process. It has left a sour taste in my mouth all together.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part about being (this role) and how do you handle that?
      From one interviewer: "I won't sugar coat this, I can be really difficult. How do you handle difficult people?" (This one threw me off a little, especially hearing from someone self-promoting their inability to adjust and change within a team environment while making it clear that they were the issue.)
      2 Answers

QA Product Specialist Data Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR screening - Discuss in brief about your past experience, brief about the role and the company
    Technical phone screen - QA related, few SQL questions, 1 puzzle, behavioral questions
    Onsite - 4 rounds + Logical/Analytical test, essay
    Both the company and people working at CRD are really good.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      SQL related -
      Difference between primary and unique key
      Join related queries
      Testing related questions
      Puzzle - 8 balls with one of them heavier than others. Given a weighing scale, find which ball is heavier in minimum number of steps (Answer - 2 steps)
      Answer Question

CRD offered a better compensation, but the job role offered at another company aligned more to what I was looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR after which I was sent a coding challenge to solve. After solving the test, the development team took about 3 days to review it and then I got an email from HR that they are moving forward with my application and wanted to setup a technical phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled to be 30minutes long. But it was the worst experience I've ever had with an interviewer. He asked me why I'm looking for a new opportunity. When I explained him that I wanted to grow as a Java developer and my previous employer didn't have any Java work. He was just disappointed by that answer(I was like isn't this role about Java programming?). After that it was basically me listening him for the next 5 minutes on how I made a bad decision and telling me that I shouldn't prefer just one technology. I'm a developer and I think I have every right to chose which technology stack I want to work with. After that, he asked me two questions related to Java version changes. There were no data structure questions, no algorithms, no live coding. Two questions and 15minutes later he decides to end the interview. A day later, I get an email that they will not be moving forward with my application. One of my friend who was also interviewed by the same person had a similar experience and I feel the company should do something about this to provide a better experience for future candidates.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an intensive experience that involved both the TM/HR director who did all of the pre-interview research and background checks prior to meeting with one of the three senior level executive management team. Interview lasted for almost 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• My background in SaaS, financial services along with my experience and ability to manage a staff of marketing professionals. Also how I developed go-to-market strategies, implementation of strategies and ability to work under an owner/management team that ultimately would make final decisions.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephonic Interview
    On-site interview (4 rounds)
    Logical & Analytical Reasoning test
    Writing test .

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round over phone with the team lead followed by on-site interviews. You are also asked to give an Analytical test and write a 1 page sample on any topic you like

Interview Questions

• Response to certain client situations, examples to demonstrate problem solving abilities and willingness to learn.   Answer Question