Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The first round was fairly straightforward It was on campus and I was invited to a superday right at the end of the interview. They asked me behavioral questions regarding why I chose to come to Cornell and what I know about the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus informational session, got a phone interview few weeks after. I thought I nailed the questions, but then I got rejected. The HR is very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are about the most basic concept of derivatives.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

1 HR phone call , in person interview with 4 people and an analytical test . In person and HR interview questions were fair, quite standard and everyone I met was courteous and professional. "Analytical " test was strange unless you are in agriculture field... (see below) or solve puzzles for living.

Interview Questions

• Analytical test example: you have 10 birds ( m, n, k....) of 3 kinds: peacock, hummingbird and sparrow , females and males and only pairs of the same kind but different sex can be exhibited together and two pairs are exhibited at the time... the rest goes to two cages ( cage 1 and cage 2) and bird x can't be with bird k and j in the same box. two males of the same kind cannot be in the same box either. and if H is exhibited then s has to be caged but can't be caged together with either x or s. What statement is true: bird k is in cage 1 while mn are displayed and bird h is cage 2...   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview held by HR, all technical questions such as what is swap, bond duration, convexity. 3 interviews with managers of different groups, 1 analytical test and 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. some projects related to this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Except for the analytics test everything went pretty good. They explain more about their company and the job. First round is a behavioural phone call and second round is a technical phone screening and third round is on site.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

20 - 30 minute phone screening. Mostly technical questions about java, sql and describing your resume. One behavioral question.
    It is important to know the most basic on concepts and data structures such as trees and maps.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?
      What are the primitive data types in java?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Few days after I had a phone call with CRD recruitment department. where they made sure I have right background and then forwarded my resume to hiring managers. 2nd interview was with hiring manager over the phone we discussed the technologies and projects followed by some technical questions. They called me in for onsite interview since went there from Philadelphia have to wake up 3:00AM to get to the flight. Then it was about an hr from the office. After the whole day of interview I felt it went well as I did fairly good on their analytic test and technical question during the interview. The hiring manager found that everything was good but I was low on energy. A humble opinion if someone gets up 3:00 Am and travels till 9:00 to interview venue it makes sense to get little lazy till lunch.
    interviewed with CRD in Sep 2016. Initially got a

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was typical - phone screen, round robin of interviews, presentation. There was an IQ test and a writing sample required, which I found weird, but hey, to each their own. The interview and the company were not awful; I was enthusiastic about having the opportunity to interview. The reason I am giving a negative review is because with all the effort I put into the interview, they never had the courtesy to loop me in to where I was in the process. The recruiter kept up for a little bit, but then just vanished. I interviewed for this role in July, 2016 and to this day, the position is still open. It was a shame, really, because I felt like I brought a lot to the table. Also, since I was an employee referral, I feel that a little professional courtesy should have been extended in the follow-up process, especially given the energy and effort that went into the whole process. It has left a sour taste in my mouth all together.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part about being (this role) and how do you handle that?
      From one interviewer: "I won't sugar coat this, I can be really difficult. How do you handle difficult people?" (This one threw me off a little, especially hearing from someone self-promoting their inability to adjust and change within a team environment while making it clear that they were the issue.)   2 Answers

QA Product Specialist Data Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR screening - Discuss in brief about your past experience, brief about the role and the company
    Technical phone screen - QA related, few SQL questions, 1 puzzle, behavioral questions
    Onsite - 4 rounds + Logical/Analytical test, essay
    Both the company and people working at CRD are really good.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      SQL related -
      Difference between primary and unique key
      Join related queries
      Testing related questions
      Puzzle - 8 balls with one of them heavier than others. Given a weighing scale, find which ball is heavier in minimum number of steps (Answer - 2 steps)   Answer Question

CRD offered a better compensation, but the job role offered at another company aligned more to what I was looking for.