Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

User Experience/Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in April 2010.

Spoke with an in-house recruiter initially, who was informative & pleasant. It was apparent he worked within the financial market sector, as there was a lot of information about company performance and profitability that I suspect many Market Analysts appreciate. That gave me a hint at the intensity of the corporate climate. After that, had about a 30 min phone screen with the VP of Dev, who was not as pleasant. This person was primarily interested in the software that I use to perform my job. Although these questions were easy to answer, he did not give me any time to describe *what* I do, or how I put those tools to use. When I asked a question about what the needs/goals of the company were for this department or position, it seemed to throw the interview further off. Perhaps there simply wasn't time for a two way conversation. This was a rapid Q&A session that might have been most efficiently handled via online screener / questionnaire.

Interview Questions