Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

- four rounds
    - Phone screen, aptitude, technical :- four people
    - Basic data structure, algorithm question : Hash map, list
    - recursion, loops
    - Database design questions - why was a specific design used for project; how can it be made better
    knapsack problem

Interview Questions

• - DS questions
      - DB design questions   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After completing their IQ test and submitting the results, I met with 5 people after speaking with 1-2 future colleagues on the phone. The process was managed well by the Internal Recruiter from Charles River. First few calls were more of a get-to-know type of call as we could only talk about more generic, industry-related topics. Technology is proprietary so not much tech talk took place during the initial phone interviews. In-Person chats were done in a conference room, meeting 5 people one-on-one took over 4 hours, lots of chatting, only a handful of questions about previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting questions and fundamental technology inquiries: how do you start a basic 'sql' query, can you name a few FIX tags.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The first round was fairly straightforward It was on campus and I was invited to a superday right at the end of the interview. They asked me behavioral questions regarding why I chose to come to Cornell and what I know about the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus informational session, got a phone interview few weeks after. I thought I nailed the questions, but then I got rejected. The HR is very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are about the most basic concept of derivatives.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Except for the analytics test everything went pretty good. They explain more about their company and the job. First round is a behavioural phone call and second round is a technical phone screening and third round is on site.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

1 HR phone call , in person interview with 4 people and an analytical test . In person and HR interview questions were fair, quite standard and everyone I met was courteous and professional. "Analytical " test was strange unless you are in agriculture field... (see below) or solve puzzles for living.

Interview Questions

• Analytical test example: you have 10 birds ( m, n, k....) of 3 kinds: peacock, hummingbird and sparrow , females and males and only pairs of the same kind but different sex can be exhibited together and two pairs are exhibited at the time... the rest goes to two cages ( cage 1 and cage 2) and bird x can't be with bird k and j in the same box. two males of the same kind cannot be in the same box either. and if H is exhibited then s has to be caged but can't be caged together with either x or s. What statement is true: bird k is in cage 1 while mn are displayed and bird h is cage 2...   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview held by HR, all technical questions such as what is swap, bond duration, convexity. 3 interviews with managers of different groups, 1 analytical test and 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. some projects related to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was typical - phone screen, round robin of interviews, presentation. There was an IQ test and a writing sample required, which I found weird, but hey, to each their own. The interview and the company were not awful; I was enthusiastic about having the opportunity to interview. The reason I am giving a negative review is because with all the effort I put into the interview, they never had the courtesy to loop me in to where I was in the process. The recruiter kept up for a little bit, but then just vanished. I interviewed for this role in July, 2016 and to this day, the position is still open. It was a shame, really, because I felt like I brought a lot to the table. Also, since I was an employee referral, I feel that a little professional courtesy should have been extended in the follow-up process, especially given the energy and effort that went into the whole process. It has left a sour taste in my mouth all together.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part about being (this role) and how do you handle that?
      From one interviewer: "I won't sugar coat this, I can be really difficult. How do you handle difficult people?" (This one threw me off a little, especially hearing from someone self-promoting their inability to adjust and change within a team environment while making it clear that they were the issue.)   2 Answers

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

This is quite a long interview process, but at the same time I find it quite reassuring that people are so vetted. though I do hope that does not mean everyone takes himself or herself too seriously after!

Contrary to what others have said I did find it pretty easy, just a lot of time and work.

I met four people in total for competency based interviews, as well as soft skills interviews, which went well but I was very well prepared.
    I also passed an analytical reasoning test which is based on LSAT I believe, I was warned that it was hard, and it said so in other reviews, but I passed quite easily.
    I also had a written assessment to write.

Interview Questions

• LSAT test (analytical reasoning), this does require preparation..   Answer Question
    • Compentency based questions such as : what is the difference between repos in the UK, France and Italy, or which market data do you need to value such and such asset class...etc.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an intensive experience that involved both the TM/HR director who did all of the pre-interview research and background checks prior to meeting with one of the three senior level executive management team. Interview lasted for almost 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• My background in SaaS, financial services along with my experience and ability to manage a staff of marketing professionals. Also how I developed go-to-market strategies, implementation of strategies and ability to work under an owner/management team that ultimately would make final decisions.   Answer Question