Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was typical - phone screen, round robin of interviews, presentation. There was an IQ test and a writing sample required, which I found weird, but hey, to each their own. The interview and the company were not awful; I was enthusiastic about having the opportunity to interview. The reason I am giving a negative review is because with all the effort I put into the interview, they never had the courtesy to loop me in to where I was in the process. The recruiter kept up for a little bit, but then just vanished. I interviewed for this role in July, 2016 and to this day, the position is still open. It was a shame, really, because I felt like I brought a lot to the table. Also, since I was an employee referral, I feel that a little professional courtesy should have been extended in the follow-up process, especially given the energy and effort that went into the whole process. It has left a sour taste in my mouth all together.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part about being (this role) and how do you handle that?
      From one interviewer: "I won't sugar coat this, I can be really difficult. How do you handle difficult people?" (This one threw me off a little, especially hearing from someone self-promoting their inability to adjust and change within a team environment while making it clear that they were the issue.)
      2 Answers

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

This is quite a long interview process, but at the same time I find it quite reassuring that people are so vetted. though I do hope that does not mean everyone takes himself or herself too seriously after!

Contrary to what others have said I did find it pretty easy, just a lot of time and work.

I met four people in total for competency based interviews, as well as soft skills interviews, which went well but I was very well prepared.
    I also passed an analytical reasoning test which is based on LSAT I believe, I was warned that it was hard, and it said so in other reviews, but I passed quite easily.
    I also had a written assessment to write.

Interview Questions

• LSAT test (analytical reasoning), this does require preparation..   Answer Question
    • Compentency based questions such as : what is the difference between repos in the UK, France and Italy, or which market data do you need to value such and such asset class...etc.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an intensive experience that involved both the TM/HR director who did all of the pre-interview research and background checks prior to meeting with one of the three senior level executive management team. Interview lasted for almost 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• My background in SaaS, financial services along with my experience and ability to manage a staff of marketing professionals. Also how I developed go-to-market strategies, implementation of strategies and ability to work under an owner/management team that ultimately would make final decisions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

on-site interview, 1 written test followed by 5 people round robin, takes more than 2 hours. On average, it was easy. After around 5 weeks, I heard back from them and I got the intern

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to the career fair and they immediately invited me to interview onsite. They provided transportation and a room for the night. The interview consisted of 5 1 on 1 technical interviews and an hour long logic exam. The interviews went by fast with no break in between.

Interview Questions

• The interviews had the following topics: Code testing, object oriented design questions, java questions, algorithms using arrays, and behavioral.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

A brief technical phone interview, then an onsite technical interview after talking with the recruiter and sending emails back and forth. On site you will have several rounds of interviews with several people. 2 technical, one analytical challenge, then a general interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at a University career fair. They asked a few simple technical questions as a preliminary screening. A few days later they set up an interview at their office in Burlington, MA.

Interview consisted of three technical interviews and a short logic /analytical thinking test. This all took about 2.5 hours and was over by 11:30 am.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array of integers, find the pair whose sum is closest to a target value.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

20 - 30 minute phone screening. Mostly technical questions about java, sql and describing your resume. One behavioral question.
    It is important to know the most basic on concepts and data structures such as trees and maps.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?
      What are the primitive data types in java?
      Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Few days after I had a phone call with CRD recruitment department. where they made sure I have right background and then forwarded my resume to hiring managers. 2nd interview was with hiring manager over the phone we discussed the technologies and projects followed by some technical questions. They called me in for onsite interview since went there from Philadelphia have to wake up 3:00AM to get to the flight. Then it was about an hr from the office. After the whole day of interview I felt it went well as I did fairly good on their analytic test and technical question during the interview. The hiring manager found that everything was good but I was low on energy. A humble opinion if someone gets up 3:00 Am and travels till 9:00 to interview venue it makes sense to get little lazy till lunch.
    interviewed with CRD in Sep 2016. Initially got a