Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Technical phone screen followed by half day face to face interviews by at least 4-5 folks. There is an aptitude test and an essay to wright as well. The test is mandatory no matter which role you apply. The test was in analytical format to test your ability to come to deduce some conclusions based on various indirect facts.

Interview Questions

• White board programming for a simple sorting, searching or recursion logic. Questions on unit testing and various other programming questions. Nothing on latest technologies like spring, jpa, functional. Just core java thats all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate. CRD pays well as per the industry standard. You won't get any crazy hike (Depending on your current salary but seems hard to get anything beyond 3-5% if you are already getting decent pay).

Technical Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a call the day before interview. Quiet place to work and the overall environment was nice. First we had meeting with the lead of the office getting an overview of the company. Then the entire day was about individual interview with different people from different position. At the end there was a standardized IQ test and writing sample test.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

A brief technical phone interview, then an onsite technical interview after talking with the recruiter and sending emails back and forth. On site you will have several rounds of interviews with several people. 2 technical, one analytical challenge, then a general interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a call with HR for profile overview. Second was telephonic round. Clearing the telephonic round I was called in for the onsite interview. It was a whole day interview. 5 different person took 5 round, followed by the quantitative test and writing exercise. After few days I received an email from HR saying that I have been selected and they would like to make an offer to me. They took all my visa related details along with the professional references and package discussion. After one week they told me senior management declined to give final sign off on the offer. I felt like my whole effort was wasted. This was very disappointing. This was personally very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Database : portfolio of one person is to be modelled on another model person's portfolio.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager first. No real conversation, he just went down a prepared list of technical questions (C#, WPF, threading). Then a full day face-to-face interview with 5 developers and a timed 24 question analytical test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to suggest an approach to real-life software design problems they were working on, answer some C# questions of medium difficulty ("What is a finalizer?"), write a medium difficulty program on the white board. The analytical test was rather difficult but I had spent time preparing for it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The interview process was split into several steps. First was the phone screening, then onsite 4-5-6 hrs interview that included discussions with team members followed by a comprehensive logic test that everyone takes no matter of the applied position (e.g. IT, development, management, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering questions regarding technologies used, OOP and programming languages, agile methodology and so on.   Answer Question

Product Specialist/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, then on site interviews with IT Director, IT Manager, Product Manager, Sr. Product Manager and Business Expert. There was a multiple question analytical test and at the end assay writing exercise.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions, questions related to experience and how will act in different situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by one of their internal recruiters - heard nothing for 2 months - contacted again and asked in for an interview. The hiring manager was rude and thought a lot of himself. Made disparaging remarks about my current company. I can see why they have trouble keeping good people!