Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

They held the interview with several other interviewees collectively in a large room. Each interviewee was either waiting, or at one of the "stations" within the room to be interviewed. Each station asked me about different types of questions, none too difficult. After each interviewee traversed each station, they proceeded to deliver a 30/45 minute non-coding quiz, which was no doubt the most difficult part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was about how to join two SQL tables together in order to achieve a specified output from my query. Another question was about the purpose and definition of the "volatile" reserved word in Java.   Answer Question

Summer Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Talked to them at a University Career Fair and got an email setting up an interview soon after. They did not call when the interview was scheduled so we had to reschedule for the next week. Asked mostly about the resume. What classes I've taken, and what I have learned in them. The person I spoke to didn't sound too friendly, but loosened up towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Two simple questions about Java were asked: What is polymorphism? And what is unique about Sets in Java?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1 general phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, 1 onsite interview that consisted of two technical interview. The recruiter and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were not too hard.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was interested in presentation skills and software development experience. Had to draw the client-server architecture on a white board.Poised to answer few technical questions and took an IQ quiz test.The latter was the biggest interview challenge as time restraint is applied. CR might also want to evaluate your writing skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Flew me to company in Burlington for three rounds of interviews; spoke with 3 different interviewers including head of engineering department; one interview was over lunch; basically talked with team leads as well as other software developers.

Interview Questions

• Actually asked a couple of financial question out of curiosity.
      Also asked me standard merge sort, object oriented questions.
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Its pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview where its focused more on knowing more about the company and sharing your interests.

On site interview includes mostly behavioral questions with one or two technical questions based on the position you are interviewing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Hiring process was through staffing company.
    One telephonic interview followed by analytical test and in person interviews at CRD headquarter in Burlington, MA.
    Interview process was not aligned as defined by recruiter.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview was followed by in person interview, analytical test and reference check. The interview process was quick except that the recruiter whom I interacted never even cared to explain about the benefits, company etc and was just simply rude.

Interview Questions

• One of the person who interviewed was very critical of the company policies especially the 9 hr a day and no work from home policy. This was very uncomfortable as well as surprising especially during the interview process.   1 Answer