Charles River Development Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles River Development

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR after which I was sent a coding challenge to solve. After solving the test, the development team took about 3 days to review it and then I got an email from HR that they are moving forward with my application and wanted to setup a technical phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled to be 30minutes long. But it was the worst experience I've ever had with an interviewer. He asked me why I'm looking for a new opportunity. When I explained him that I wanted to grow as a Java developer and my previous employer didn't have any Java work. He was just disappointed by that answer(I was like isn't this role about Java programming?). After that it was basically me listening him for the next 5 minutes on how I made a bad decision and telling me that I shouldn't prefer just one technology. I'm a developer and I think I have every right to chose which technology stack I want to work with. After that, he asked me two questions related to Java version changes. There were no data structure questions, no algorithms, no live coding. Two questions and 15minutes later he decides to end the interview. A day later, I get an email that they will not be moving forward with my application. One of my friend who was also interviewed by the same person had a similar experience and I feel the company should do something about this to provide a better experience for future candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was provided transportation to their headquarters in Burlington for 5 back-to-back interviews, roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was extremely nice and pleasant to talk to. The interview questions weren't too hard, but by no means simple either. It's definitely worth brushing up on anything you haven't touched upon recently.

Interview Questions

• Just about anything you learned from classes is fair game. Object-oriented programming/design, data structures, algorithms, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to the career fair and they immediately invited me to interview onsite. They provided transportation and a room for the night. The interview consisted of 5 1 on 1 technical interviews and an hour long logic exam. The interviews went by fast with no break in between.

Interview Questions

• The interviews had the following topics: Code testing, object oriented design questions, java questions, algorithms using arrays, and behavioral.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

A brief technical phone interview, then an onsite technical interview after talking with the recruiter and sending emails back and forth. On site you will have several rounds of interviews with several people. 2 technical, one analytical challenge, then a general interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a call with HR for profile overview. Second was telephonic round. Clearing the telephonic round I was called in for the onsite interview. It was a whole day interview. 5 different person took 5 round, followed by the quantitative test and writing exercise. After few days I received an email from HR saying that I have been selected and they would like to make an offer to me. They took all my visa related details along with the professional references and package discussion. After one week they told me senior management declined to give final sign off on the offer. I felt like my whole effort was wasted. This was very disappointing. This was personally very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Database : portfolio of one person is to be modelled on another model person's portfolio.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.