Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

3.2

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

It was your run of the mill interview with the basic interview questions about how you describe yourself and others like it. The interview was more laid back than what I was expecting, but the interviewers were very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• In the past year what is one thing that has been the most rewarding to you?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with controversy in your jobs previously?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

HR called and reviewed my resume with me. He also made sure I was okay with animal testing and the flat rate salary. At the end, he set up an interview for me to meet the lab team a week later. I met four people in that interview (one supervisor and three managers of the lab). They took turns asking questions; it was a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and it lasted about 35 minutes.

At the end of the interview, they told me they had more candidates to interview in the next couple days and that they would get back to me the following week. However, that same afternoon I received a call from HR saying that they would like to move forward with a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you find intolerable in coworkers?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV).

Interview

Set up an interview over the phone. I was brought in an sat down with a group of people who asked me various questions about experience, dealing with animals, etc. I was then offered a position after a couple of weeks.

Laboratory Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter by telephone, standard questions, and asked about my scientific work.
    Next-person invited to the interview, the interview was with two members of the laboratory. There were a lot of questions. The questions were different: command, time management, scientific work, independence, conflict.

Interview Questions

• Tell us whether there were conflicts at work and how you deal with them?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Rapid fire, multiple person stress inducing interview (by design). Was conducted very professionally, but didn't feel very personal, a computer could have given the same interview. Was interviewed by three members of management as well as a representative from human resources. Be prepared for high pressure style interview and do not fumble or let the style of the interview get you flustered.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest lab technique?   1 Answer

Scientific Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV).

Interview

Really professional interview process. They were always on time and communicated effectively in terms of setting up interviews. Initially was contacted by HR for an interview, it consisted of a panel of 3 people that were very friendly and personable. Asked basic interview questions such as strengths, weaknesses, why this company. Second interview was also a panel of 3 and focused more on the position requirements. Interviews were about a week apart.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked: How you feel about animal testing? How do you feel about working in a team?   Answer Question

Research Technician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

There's no phone interview; only a panel interview. Most of time was actually used for explaining the work you would do. The panel included three people: an HR person, and two research technician assistants. They weren't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• One of questions asks how comfortable would you be coordinating with the higher ups. Last question was about your opinion on animal research.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

I met with two groups of people. If memory serves, one group was more lab based and the other more paper-work based, although I'm not quite sure. Both groups were nice and suprisingly casual, that being said the experience was still intimidating. We went over my resume, future class schedule, and the typical interview questions ("tell us about a mistake you made and how you handled it." "Tell us about yourself" etc...).

Interview Questions

• You are lacking experience, why should we hire you?   1 Answer