Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Arizona

Updated Apr 7, 2017

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, the initial interview had a series of situational questions and the final interview was with two hiring managers at the office I applied for with more situational questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The person that interviewed me quit shortly after. Asked mostly cultural question about people's feelings towards security. One regular expression question on the white board. The other candidate was too "cocky". They basically wanted an abused dog to retrain. They are perfectly happy to offer their advice without ever taking any advice from others.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't care about security.   1 Answer

Business Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with the recruiter at Charles Schwab was not pleasant. The second question she asked me was, "How much do you currently make?". I know it is not uncommon for them to ask, but I'm not sure she even got my full name before she was asking me questions about my current salary. The recruiter was cold and a horrible representation of what I would think Charles Schwab would want as a first impression. In fact, I was hesitant if I even wanted to continue interviewing with the company if I made it past the first round.

Email Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Describe a time when you... HIred during onslaught of need. Many question on examples of a time when or how you handled a situation. Why you want the job. Where do you plan on being in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to defuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I'm still not really sure if this counts as an interview, but I applied online, took the personality test, was later contacted by a recruiter from Indianapolis via email, who set up a call with a hiring manager in Phoenix, AZ the following Tuesday. She told me to prepare for a behavioral interview. The call was rather short, I clocked it at around 7 minutes. At the beginning of the call, I was informed they weren't actually hiring for the Broker Trainee program, even though they have a job posting for it on their website, and that the interview was for their Participation Services class. At the end she told me that she'd forward my information to managers and that I should hear something by Friday. I got a rejection email that Thursday. I wasn't asked any behavioral questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

This Interview is expected to be Face-to-Face. Indeed, it was Face-to-Face with Speakerphone. Overall, there were three interviewers: a gentleman who met me at the Employees Entrance and presented in the room and two others (on the speakerphone). Before entering the company's building, I have to run between three lobbies, because a right lobby was not indicated in the invitation's email. The entire interview took 55 minutes. The most problematic was catching up with interviewees' voices which sounded thru static background noise not so clear. Sometimes, I had time to distinguish between their question or statement.

Interview Questions

• My ability to start immediately (without any introductory the-first-day training) and generate various reports by strict deadlines. And continuing to do so under constant pressure.   1 Answer

Broker Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invitation for a phone interview. Several behavioral questions that were pretty straightforward; Why Charles Schwab? what did you read about us? Discuss a time you failed with a client. Discuss a time you had to work with a difficult client and how you were able to work with them. Then they discussed your current job, why you want to leave, current hours, etc. The interviewer was kind of quiet on this but she warmed up throughout the call, I was very honest with her on my current position and why I want to leave. I also gave a lot of kudos to the Schwab culture.

During that call they scheduled the next interview, which was in person at the office. Met with two managers and it started off very cordial and lighthearted started with introductions of the managers and their experience at Schwab. First it was open-ended questions: tell us about yourself, etc. They asked me what other firms I was interviewing with and what the interviews were like there. Then there were behavioral based STAR questions and each interviewer has a page of questions that they asked depending on what they thought would fit best; this was the worst part because they were pretty stony-faced and quiet the whole time and would take a lot of notes with long silences. There were a lot of them and they were unrelenting in their follow-up questions and that got exhausting at the end.

It took about an seventy-five minutes and afterwards they gave a really short tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview: Why Charles Schwab? what did you read about us? Discuss a time you failed with a client. Discuss a time you had to work with a difficult client and how you were able to work with them. Then they discussed your current job, why you want to leave, current hours, etc.

During the in-person interview: Tell us about yourself? Why Schwab? What have you read about us? Are you interviewing anywhere else?What is your leadership style? How would you lead a group? Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult client and what skills and resources you used to enhance the situation. Why should we hire you over the next guy? (that's when you sell yourself). Lots of questions on my current job, how many inbound calls I take/make, etc. How do you work in a team? What kind of team member are you? What is the hardest feedback you have ever received at work? What is the hardest feedback you ever gave at work?

Haven't hear back yet either way.
      Answer Question

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Application

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straightforward. There was 3 rounds of interviews. The first was a very nice phone screen with a recruiter. It was just a quick run of the résumé and a way of ensuring I'd be the right fit for the company/position.

After this interview, I was told I'd be moving on to the next stage of the process, which was going to be an in-person interview with two hiring managers of the Client Service & Support team. These questions were more on the behavioral side of the spectrum. They wanted you to give a specific situation relating to the question asked, the action you took with that situation, and the response to it (STAR method). There was probably about 4-5 of these questions after going through the résumé with them.

After that interview, there was a few days in between and I received an email that I'd be moving on to the final stage in the process. This was to be another phone interview, but with a full blown Financial Consultant. This was also to learn more about the role as this is what the Financial Consultant Academy is designed to put you in one day. It was an opportunity to learn about what being a FC at Schwab is really about. Finally, I had to wait approximately one to two days, and was told they'd be making me an offer through phone call.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you could not deliver on something a client needed. What happened? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to on-line job posting. I received an email with an internet assessment. From there, I received an email saying I had passed and set up a phone interview for the following day, I passed the phone interview on the spot and scheduled an in person interview with 2 branch managers and final hiring interview with panel of managers.

RIA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds of phone interviews. The first round was just some verification of credentials. The second and third ones were all situation based questions that were simple. Then the last one was with two people and the questions were noticeably harder.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went above and beyond helping someone at your job?   1 Answer