Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then passed that to go to the first in-person interview with two managers, then a interview with the director of the department. If you pass that then you get the job offer and the whole background takes at least almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Normal STAR questions, they want to see if your a great fit for the team.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed a skills exam and then had an initial phone screening within the week that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Immediately scheduled a time for my in-person interview which was a week later. Met with two managers from the department for my second interview which lasted just short of an hour. Both interviews really just covered why you're interested in the financial services industry, why Schwab, and behavioral STAR questions.

I got my conditional offer yesterday (about 3 business days after my last interview) which is pending based on the results of my drug screening/background check. Overall, pretty standard interview process, just show that you're passionate about the industry and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab?
      Why finance?
      STAR style questions based on your experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews with the recruiter and hiring manager, followed by an interview with the VP. Entire process took a little over a month. Background check process took a couple weeks as they were very thorough.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Iwas contacted about a week later for an in person interview with the manager. That interview session lasted about 45 minutes. I was told that I would know by mid July whether I got the job or not.

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Started as an initial phone interview with recruiter. Led to an on-campus interview at the Phoenix location with two managers. The in-person interview was definitely smooth and very relaxed. They made sure to make me feel comfortable. Just a few hours after the interview, my recruiter called saying they wanted to move me into the next steps of the process- the background check. This was definitely the longest, most anxious part of my experience. Due to me being from out of state and the thoroughness of the screening, it was a very long 3-week waiting period. Finally though, it came back clear and I was given an offer. Total time from phone interview to start day is almost exactly 2 months.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

A river met someone who was filling in for the real person taken to tiny room asked questions about myself and what I liked about my past job. Told me about the company then asked many different type questions. Seemed like they already made their decision by appearance.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I expected from my Co workers   1 Answer

Vice President, Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then a face to face with the hiring manager and one more phone/webex interview with another manager. The interview process was fairly laid back. I think that they follow their instincts more than a formal quantitative process.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab? What motivates you etc.?   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, the initial interview had a series of situational questions and the final interview was with two hiring managers at the office I applied for with more situational questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The person that interviewed me quit shortly after. Asked mostly cultural question about people's feelings towards security. One regular expression question on the white board. The other candidate was too "cocky". They basically wanted an abused dog to retrain. They are perfectly happy to offer their advice without ever taking any advice from others.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't care about security.   1 Answer

Business Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with the recruiter at Charles Schwab was not pleasant. The second question she asked me was, "How much do you currently make?". I know it is not uncommon for them to ask, but I'm not sure she even got my full name before she was asking me questions about my current salary. The recruiter was cold and a horrible representation of what I would think Charles Schwab would want as a first impression. In fact, I was hesitant if I even wanted to continue interviewing with the company if I made it past the first round.