Charles Schwab Broker Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Broker Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was called to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was scheduled three weeks out and was about an hour long. I was invited to my second and final interview at the end of the phone interview. The final interview was in person at their offices. I was called a week and a half later and inviting to complete a background check and participate in a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the position you're applying for to you friends and family?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Broker Trainee Interview

Interview

It was a great process that included one phone interview with a very friendly recruiter that was about an hour long. After being moved to the next stage, I was interviewed by two managers at their offices in Phoenix, AZ. The managers were extremely friendly and did not make me feel nervous. Some of the questions were tough but I was given plenty of time to think of thoughtful answers so I did not feel rushed. I would recommend applying for any role within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel as though you are a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

1. Recruiter phone interview
    2. face to face panel interview
    3. Offer

This was a typical interview process, although the face to face went over two hours, and they had to ask many redundant questions. Extremely scripted and procedural. Not very much room for personal touches. One interviewer left about two thirds of the way through the interview, which I thought was rather unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to a couple positions through out the nation; most were analyst positions and one for the broke train program.They reached out through an email asking to complete a survey that gauged emotional behavior to infer if there was a good fit to move in th interview process. Then they sent me an email to set up a phone interview with a member of HR. It went well and hope they could have sensed that I could be a good fit for retail sales in financial products. So that's the biggest tip I could give, be aware it's a broker job that entails calling and selling all day. Think of moments that indicate you know how to think quick on your feet and always service the client. Still waiting to hear back on whether I move on to th second round or not so well see if it went as well as I hoped lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on line as a result of an employee referral. Recruiter sent conflicting appointment dates and time, didn't know what position I was interviewing for, couldn't find my resumes, complained about the number of jobs she had to fill. Cut me off after asking me to describe my resume. She went on to intimate that my experience was dated (after 18 months of not working directly with a particular account type!) I have never been treated so poorly. As a leader of people who has interviewed and hired over 100+ people I was aghast that a company that touts its superiority as profusely as Schwab does, that this type of treatment goes unchecked.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an introductory call with a recruiter in HR who then set up an interview with two of the team managers in the Austin location. I then, at a later date, had about an hour and half long phone interview with those two managers who described Schwab's principles and asked me questions more related to my client relationship management skills than anything else. They asked why I wanted to go into finance and how I was a good fit for the company. They also asked situational questions, i.e. If this happened, how would you react? At the end of the interview they told me I would hear back within three business days. They contacted me later that same day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the biggest challenges when talking to a difficult client?   Answer Question
    • If a client does this.... how would you react?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in financial services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Met recruiter on campus and completed online application and questionnaire gauging if the position is a good fit. Then I interviewed over the phone with a recruiter (30 min). I was then asked to interview in person interview with two Schwab employees a few weeks later (1.5 hours).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you anticipated the needs of a customer. How did you go beyond the call of duty to provide the best customer service?   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

1st interview was about 5 minute preliminary phone call. This was basically to check that you are competent (why do you want to leave xyz, why schwab, ect)

Then there was a more in depth 15 minute phone call with some general questions.

Then there was a 60 minute, exhaustive behavioral interview. (tell me about a time you ...)

THEN I had to take a math test that they call the SIFMA. Not a hard test, very logic based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a workplace conflict with a coworker, and how you resolved it.
      How would you respond if the management team decided to go through an un-popular schedule change?
      Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to set up an interview with a recruiter. Thought it was going to be a quick screening, but it was an actual 1 hour long interview (totally caught me off guard). After that, we set up a time for me to come in and interview on campus. I interviewed with two managers and it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had..they really challenged every single answer. After that, I was contacted by the recruiter and told that they wanted to move me forward.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Charles Schwab? Why should we hire you? They went off script a good amount and we basically just talked about how my past could enable me to be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through their career website and was contacted by a campus recruiter. I went through two phone calls before video chatting with the recruiter. she was very friendly and asked pretty standard interview questions. As long as you are familiar with basic behavioral interview topics and questions you should be fine. I had to wait a while before they contacted me about the third and I am round, but by that Time I had accepted another position.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership in a group?   Answer Question