Charles Schwab Broker Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Broker Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty extensive, but at the same time basic. There are several steps as far as phone screening, a phone interview, and in person. Basically asking you why this company and industry is a good fit. They want people who are willing to learn and want to be in the financial industry. In person interview was very situational. Trying to get a bearing on who you are rather than what you have done and can do. Be yourself and show them what you bring to the table!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given poor feedback and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Sifma exam, they asked me what my best overall customer experience was. They also wanted to see how I was able to come up with answers to questions that would make me think of ways of solving difficult problems

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you feel like you exceled at your job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter and directed to take a personality test, then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted to go in for an in person interview. If you get passed the in person interview you have the job pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you tutored a lower classman, what skills and strategies did you use to teach them?   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Emailed and asked to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 45 minutes and was a behavioral interview. Said that they would notify you within a week. Still waiting to hear back on whether or not, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and what was the outcome? Threw my off a little bit because I have never been in this situation. The rest of the questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted over email and scheduled a phone interview with a talent representative. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. We discussed the position in detail and I was asked numerous STAR interview questions. This was the toughest part of the process for me as I was somewhat unprepared and the questions were tough. I was then invited for an interview at the Charles Schwab call center located in Phoenix. My interview was with two managers that over the area I was applying. They were both very friendly and told me all about themselves and their experience working with Schwab. They structured the interview more like a friendly conversation and each interview question built into the next. It was a pleasant experience. A day after the interview I was asked to take a drug screen and fill out a very thorough background check. I was offered a position about two weeks later.

Make sure you understand Charles Schwab's culture by using the resources the Talent Representative give you.

Practice STAR method interview questions and have specific examples. For the second interview I researched STAR questions online and sat down and though of specific work examples to use for each question. I then did a mock interview with my fiancé.

Ask good questions. Think of some strong questions before hand that directly relate to the finance industry.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it

Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done

Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer or co-worker

Describe a major change or adjustment to your job and your reactions to the change
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Position stats out a 40k a year with the chance of bonuses up to 5k.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Meet interviewing managers in the lobby. Get your visitor badge.
    2. Tour of the facility, introduction to a variety of phone teams.
    3. You and the 2 managers in a tiny, hot room one on one for an hour. Lots of questions wanting an example from your past explaining how you handled different situations. Asked about your past, why this industry, why Charles Schwab?

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you have dealt with upset clients in the past.   1 Answer

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2015.

Interview

Behavior Based interviewing style.
    I enjoyed the overall experience. The provide a complete background on what to expect moving forward. I completed the screening interview and did a follow-up panel interview the next day.

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I was initially applying for the Financial Consultant Academy at Charles Schwab, however I did not meet the minimum requirements on a preliminary personality test for the position. So it was recommended that I look into the Broker Trainee program. A recruiter then contacted me and asked if I would be interested to speak with her on the phone about the position. It turned out that this was an interview, which was not clear to me when the appointment was scheduled, I thought it was to be an informational call.

Phone Interview Questions.
    • Tell about a time when you delivered plus one customer service.
    • Tell me why you are interested in this position.
    • Tell me about the most difficult feedback you ever received.
    • And a few others I am not remembering right now.

I was then told I would hear back in a week whether or not I made on to the next stage of interviews.

I am still in the interview process as this writing takes place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult feedback you ever received.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

As the other reviews state, they call you to just get a feel of why you want to work for the company. Its a 5-10 min phone call. After that they set a phone interview that lasts from 45-60 min long. It was about fives questions, and they said they would email me back if I got the job or not. Sadly, I did not.

Interview Questions

• They asked interesting interview questions such as "name a time you had to explain to a customer about a industries they were a novice in". That question through me off, but I responded with my past work experience. Other questions were "Name a specific time you had to deal with a difficult and angry customer and what was the outcome?".   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the same week to set up a phone interview. The interview was easy, just basic interview questions..... Why do you want to work here?... What do you know about the company.... How did you hear about the position? etc. The position started before I graduated so I had to decline.