Charles Schwab Client Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Iwas contacted about a week later for an in person interview with the manager. That interview session lasted about 45 minutes. I was told that I would know by mid July whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the recruiter. It was about 20 minutes. It was very straight word. The recruiter was nice. Questions were about the company position and some clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What do you know about the position?
      What do you have to offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process starts with a lengthy online application, followed by a behavioral test. The test is designed with a time limit for each multiple choice question. Once the question is answered, you can not go back and make any changes. If you pass that, they will schedule a phone interview and provide links for you to learn more about the company and becoming a Schwabie. The phone interview is a series of behavioral questions followed by a "get to know you" round of questions. The next step will involve face-to-face interviews and it will take up to one week before they will make contact, and they will contact either way. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become part of the Charles Schwab team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial hour long phone interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was surprisingly casual because the recruiter was so easy to speak with. The in person interview was a bit nerve-wracking with two managers but still more relaxed that I realized. I got a call two days later confirming that they wanted to work with me and I received a job offer in my email about four days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a difficult situation and how you eased the tension?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview which was followed by going in for a in person interview. Background check was very through. It took over 3 weeks to hear back from the recruiter with an offer.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took 3 weeks for interview. Position was paying below entry level wages in Orlando, FL complete waste of my time....

Interview Questions

• All questions started with "tell me about a time when" and panel interviewers were writing down just about everything said....felt like a lab specimen...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

They do not accept resumes. You must initially apply through their website. I got an automated response to fill out an evaluation questionnaire. This is just a bunch of psychological questions. A week or so later, I received an email from an actual person about scheduling a 5 minute phone interview. That interview was mostly questions about the position (making sure I knew what I was applying for). Immediately after the 5 minute interview I was told that I had passed, and to wait for an email.

The next interview was with a different person. It was a 40 minute phone interview. It took a few weeks for them to get around to actually scheduling it, and I thought they had changed their mind. Just keep checking your email, and they will eventually send you something.
    "Why do you want to work with Charles Schwab?"
    "Describe a time when you failed."
    "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
    "Why do you want to leave your current job?"
    and so on. No huge surprises. Just stay positive and flatter them.

After the second phone interview, I had to wait a few more weeks for a decision. I was then emailed by another person that I had passed, and they wanted to do an in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. Curtis Crawford was in charge of scheduling this interview, and if you are applying at the Phoenix branch, I suggest keeping your phone close at all times, because he is very hard to get a hold of when you call back. I eventually just showed up in person and had the secretary call him. This took care of it, and the final interview was scheduled.

In-person interview: All behavioral questions. So many behavioral questions. Just have some ideas for stories to tell. They have sheets with questions on them, but they can pick any questions off the list and also make up their own. If you're quick on your feet, no problem. At the end, there is time for you to ask questions of them. I suggest that you do, because they seemed to like that I did. A week or so after this interview, I got a call that I had passed, and pending a background and credit check, I would have the position.

Then I had to fill out an actual application and a background check form. This is where my problem came. In the application paperwork, it is made very clear that the company is not allowed to discriminate against sealed court cases, but they still want you to be open about them. I told them about a felony that I went to court for, plead guilty to (but was not convicted), and had sealed when I was 20 (7 years ago). I soon got an email and phone call about the sealed case. I answered a lot of questions about it, and was told they didn't need any more information. Then I immediately received an email explaining that they were not going to offer me the position. My references were not called, my past employers not contacted, nothing. I am frustrated that after months of waiting and interviewing, I ended up being discriminated against for something the company was legally not allowed to even consider. I would recommend to anyone with sealed court cases not mention them on your application.

All in all, it's not a hard interview process for someone with good storytelling abilities. It is very drawn out, and the behavioral questions get tiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used creative reasoning to solve a problem with an upset client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by email by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview the next day. I was available and scheduled the interview which turned out to be about 30 minutes. This apparently was a phone screen with the recruiter who then scheduled me for an in-person interview with two hiring managers one week later. This interview went well and was pretty standard: a quick review of employment history, bundle of behavioral interview questions, and time to ask questions about the company. I was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours which never happened.