Charles Schwab Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO).

Interview

I met with two upper managers and they asked me general customer service scenarios and how I would handle them. They were very friendly and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL).

Interview

took about a month each to be interviewed over phone. Make sure to keep in contact with your recruiter. My recruiter left the company and had to send me for another one after me talking to my friend who was working there. The new recruiter let me go because he had no clue of who i was or did not try and get to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up phone interview with recruiter. She was very nice and extremely helpful with information on the company and the steps to getting hired. Phone interview was about 45 minutes asking about previous employment and easy situational questions with each previous job. I was soon contacted about a face to face interview with department managers. That interview was closer to 2 hours in length, but it was very informative with what the position would entail. It was with three of the department's floor managers, each asked me situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where a customer was upset and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The process seems to be the same as many have noted before. Quick phone interview, longer on phone, more detailed with SAR questions. I am waiting for the next step which should be the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first. Asked lots of questions about myself and some situational questions.
    Next step is a math test and aptitude test. Must pass this to move forward.
    In person interview is next. They ask nothing but situational questions. Expect a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to invest their money in a particular way?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2013.

Interview

My referral had to prod HR to get them to interview me. Similar questions were ask as other reviews... Resume, previous challenges, etc. HR person told me he would be in touch with in a few days to set up the in house testing and followup interviews but never did call back. Schwab filled the position with a young man that they relocated from another state.

Interview Questions

• Ask how Iyou would handle a situation that got out of control.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Short, 3 min phone interview. A week later had a regular phone interview that covered my resume. Invited to take a assessment: 30 math, 30 logic questions. "passed" the assessment and had face to face interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly straightforward. Describe a situation when you had to think creatively or outside the box to solve a problem. Were you successful? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Englewood, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online, in a less then a week got an email to schedule a 5-10 minute initial screening. They just ask simple questions to get a feel about you. They tell you right there wether you will proceed after it, just be upbeat and know study what they give you.

They then schedule you to talk with the head of talent acquisition, they give you a a week or two to find a date possible to talk for 30-40 minutes. They give you everything you need to know just read it and know what they looking for. They want to know about your customer service skills and situations where you went above and beyond for a customer.

Again, they will let you know if you will proceed to the next step which is the meeting/phone interview with two managers or more and the SIFMA assessment test if you do broker trainer. Do not worry if you fail the SIFMA for the broker trainer you can ask to be considered for the CSR postion. Just do well in your interview with management. KNOW WHO CHUCK IS lol some dont even know CEO/ Founder. Also smile and ask questions that are more open at the end, get them to talk like... how has your career path been since begin with the company or talk about current events, at the time we talked about Facebook IPO and effect of the economy in the work industry.

SIFMA they get a email right away if you fail/pass. ( study logic questions and fractions and stock splits). They will let you know if you pass in 3 days or less. They will then run a background check that will take 7-10 days that will check employment, education, and residence (they check local police departments) then low/high credit extended to you me = credit card n car loan. They also check any revolving credit open and any pass dues. They do not check Credit score, and you can opt in to get a copy of the report.

SO you dont get frustrated on wait, ask how long is the process and when is a estimated time to hear back after the background check is done. I had to wait 2 weeks, went nuts waiting lol.

Took me 2 months because i had to wait for till after finals and i opted in to visit the place in person instead of a phone interview. If you just graduated the diploma will hold up your background check cause u have to request to get it release asap.

After everything is done, talent acquisition meets with hiring director to discuss if they wish to extend an offer.

They call you and ask if you can verbally accept and will send UPS paperwork 3-5 business days (give current address).

Open bottle of wine you made it :) hope this helps. I tried to be as detailed as possible, since people put bits and pieces. IDK about a drugtest i will update this once i know for sure :).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ your passion for finance?   2 Answers
    • If company xyz stock goes down 5% they will replace their CEO. If they stocks stay they same they will keep the CEO. The replaced the CEO in May.

Did the company stock go down 5%?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

its non negotiable salary of 31k but its non-exempt meaning you get paid over time after 40 hours :) and 10% differential if u take a night shift. after 6 months you will be asked to discuss your future and your progression in the company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online. First it was 15 mins interview with HR recruiter on phone. Asked me why I applied for the job. It was easy. Next it was in the office interview with 2 manager. Very friendly. Asked questions based on resume and behavioral questions. Glassdoor was helpful in terms on expectations. Last interview it was with directors asking the same questions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online, after I submitted my application I recieved an email with a link instructing me to take their test. The test was a personality test followed by a knowledge based test. About two weeks after taking the test I recieved an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. I had my first phone interview that same week and was asked to have a second phone interview. About 3 days after my second phone interview I was contacted and set up a interview with two of the managers at the job site. Heading into week 3 of this process I interviewed with the managers, within 2-3 days I was contacted by my recruiter and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt you failed or let someone down in the workplace?   Answer Question