Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was called to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was scheduled three weeks out and was about an hour long. I was invited to my second and final interview at the end of the phone interview. The final interview was in person at their offices. I was called a week and a half later and inviting to complete a background check and participate in a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the position you're applying for to you friends and family?   1 Answer

Estate Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Vey in depth and personable. First was the HR interview. Then a two person panel plus a second two person panel. They are good at describing the specifics needed for the position.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a long process beginning with the recruiter call with all behavior questions like strength,weakness,why do I want to work here?etc next the hiring manager with some technical questions on process we worked ,defects escalated and asked some situational questions and how will I react to that?and two team leads finally in person with three people and a written test.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about SQL,UNIX,bigonotation etc and some general testing questions about agile methodology and ceremonies attended.The interview was so friendly ,I felt more comfortable .Good luck for all who were trying job.   1 Answer

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back 2 weeks later. After two phone interviews, I was told I was one of the final applicants and the department manager would call me. 2 weeks went by and I had to remind them to call me. 4 weeks later they told me they offered it to someone else. 2 weeks after that, the position was back online. Terrible at being timely and getting information to you.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took 2+ weeks. Applied online first which took a couple days to get a response. Two phone interviews. First was from a recruiter and second was with a hiring manager. Emailed two days after with no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming, what are the main principles of OOP, what is mvc, what is a linked list, what is a garbage dump.   Answer Question

Managing Director, Project and Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Extremely drawn out. Applied April 4th, phone interview was July 13th. Job is still not filled 8/31. Third party recruiter was hired to collect resumes, despite the fact that the job had been posted on Schwab site for 2 months. HR may be overloaded. Speed of hiring process at Schwab seems to be a systemic issue. They go in and out of hiring freezes quite frequently. Overall, I think this is a very good company. They are trying to control their growth carefully, which is smart. This issue _does_ make me hesitant to apply for other roles there because I don't want to wait 6 months to get through the process. It is important for a firm to hire carefully, but at some point drawing it out is counter productive, both to productivity and reputation. If the role is so important, how can why leave it unfilled for 6 months?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience managing project managers.   1 Answer

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed interview process. Started with an in depth phone interview and then an in-person interview with two team leads. They were very friendly and maintained a professional demeanor during the entire interview. Questions during the in-person interview were fairly structured but I felt I had the opportunity to elaborate on my qualities and skills. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name an accomplishment you are proud of, professionally or personally.   1 Answer

Various Data Analytics Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

At least two "screening" reviews with HR before hiring manager and the rest of the process.
    I was contacted very quickly for the first screen due mostly to having a contact at Schwab that I referenced in the application. I was told that they were interested and would pass me along to the hiring manager.
    After not hearing anything, my contact checked with HR and a different HR person quickly called me back and, again said they would pass me on to the hiring manager.
    Have never heard anything again. I emailed the HR contacts and did not get any response.
    (Days for process was when I gave up and entered this review.)

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Schwab and how much I knew about them.   1 Answer

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

1. Recruiter phone interview
    2. face to face panel interview
    3. Offer

This was a typical interview process, although the face to face went over two hours, and they had to ask many redundant questions. Extremely scripted and procedural. Not very much room for personal touches. One interviewer left about two thirds of the way through the interview, which I thought was rather unprofessional.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen. It was short. The lady called me at the wrong time, and we had to reschedule. They asked 4 questions. What is my last salary? What is my greatest accomplishment? Why do I want to work at Schwab? The whole call lasted about 10 minutes. They didn't ask me if I had questions for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I like about Schwab.   1 Answer