Charles Schwab Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Director Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen. It was short. The lady called me at the wrong time, and we had to reschedule. They asked 4 questions. What is my last salary? What is my greatest accomplishment? Why do I want to work at Schwab? The whole call lasted about 10 minutes. They didn't ask me if I had questions for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I like about Schwab.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The interview process here was intense and thorough, with many interviews scheduled over a period of several months. I found everyone to be very professional and very well prepared. Although I interviewed for several months and felt I was fairly far along in the process, I never received any kind of communication from HR notifying me if the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected, but be prepared to give specific examples of your past success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

The hiring process took a very long time. I had given up on hearing back from them when I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They low-ball you on the offer.. I countered and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of Phone screen by Sr Recruiter about resume, why the move, why Schwab. She sold me Schwab quite a bit. Then a half day on site interview with 5 executives. 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Mini case on Fixed cost fumble in the newly proposed segmentation. This one confused since she was expecting to find a bug in the new segmentation instead of how to increase lagging segment revenue which was my understanding. 3) what is your leadership style; how would you block an executive throwing a major project on a Friday PM with a Monday deadline and one of your direct is going camping on monday. 4) How would you fire someone and how do you then communicate to your team immediately after 5) what three questions would you ask mr schawab if you were given a lunch meeting with him.

Interview Questions

• why are you not a schwab customer. if yes, then what do you like about us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied through CS website and received call from HR two days later for the initial screening interview a few days later.

After screening interview another phone interview scheduled with managing director.

This interview was rather mundane, and the interviewer certainly gave the impression of not being all that committed to holding the interview to say the least, might as well have put the phone on speaker and wandered off for all the attention that was being paid.

I remember asking one question about the prospects of the position (seeing as this was a new venture for CS) only to receive the reply, ah well if they don't carry on with the project then you will just stay here doing 'something' like this other guy has.

Was asked to send in an example of previous work and they would get back to me in due course with the next phase.

Well, that never happened. Blessing in disguise looking back at it all.