Charles Schwab Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2017.

Interview

I contacted my Financial Consultant at my local branch and expressed my interest in the Financial Consultant position and if he could put me in touch with a local Schwab recruiter. He was nice enough to refer me and I received a call in a couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? Why do you think you should start out as a Financial Consultant and not an Associate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On campus interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors. The people conducting the interview were very lax and easy to get along with. It lasted roughly around forty minutes more or less.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Charles Schwab?
      Tell me about a time you completed a task under a very stressful environment and how you completed this task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Internal interview, moving from Customer Service. Applied in December with the approval of current manager, submitted resumé and cover letter. Competitive role - 10+ applicants applied, 5 were selected for interviewed. The manager of the team interviewed us himself with his apprentice manager assisting. One interview, 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was impressed with how fast they worked. I got an offer about a week and a half after my first interview. Since I am a student and live far away from Austin, TX the last interview was one large conference call. I did not particularly like that, because I would enjoy the opportunity to see where I am working and people I would be working with. Overall, it was an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - Dug deeper into my clubs/organizations
      - Where I see myself in 5 years
      - If I was on the phone with someone and discovered they have a lot of investments at Fidelity how would I direct the conversation
      - Questions about dealing with conflict
      - A time I tried to get someone to change their mind on something   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

The interview process took a bit of time but in the end was worth the lengthy process. There was an initial online quiz, then a phone screen, then an interview with managers and then another interview with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you dealt with clients successfully in the financial services sector...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had 2 unstructured interviews. The conversations were on sided. I had to prove myself, but the hiring manager did little to prove themselves. I fell through the cracks and never got a response back with a clear answer. After almost 2 months I needed closure and finally got a no with lots of excuses on why I fell through the cracks.

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

Met the manager, talked for an hour, played golf. Hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very direct and predetermined structure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The first step in the process is to go through HR screening. This consists of a 30-45 min phone interview.
    Even after a positive response from the screener, it took several more phone calls and weeks to schedule the next round of interviews. The second round of Inviews were conducted by 3 local Inv ctr Branch managers including the senior executive in charge of all the local branches. Standard interview questions from an experienced staff of managers. W/i 2 weeks had to meet 4 additional managers at an Interview Day. Short interviews were held asking very focused questions. Not very effective way to select a candidate, for the questions were "off the mark". Charles Schwab as hard as they tried did a very incomplete job of getting to know me - they tried to have a comprehensive approach, however, in my judgement failed the candidates and their company.

Interview Questions

• What major change did management in a previous job make that you disagreed with and what was your response to it?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2008.

Interview

Initial screening by recruiter over the phone. Follow up contact from Branch Manager. Met with Branch Manager. Additional interview with Financial Consultant in the branch. This was a relatively small office (2 FC’s and Branch Manger). Second interview with Branch Manager. All personnel were very professional. Office was nice; beautiful views!

Interview Questions

• In my case, the most difficult question to answer was about my frequent job changes.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2009.

Interview

About one month after submitting my resume I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes and a 1-1 interview was scheduled at that time. The interview last about an hour and was followed by an office tour and meeting several members of the team. All in all, it was a relaxed and pleasant office. Everyone was smiling and welcoming including the receptionist. As a very friendly gesture the gentleman I was interviewing with politely walked me to the elevator at the conclusion of our meeting. An offer was officially offered about 2 hours following the interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment are you most productive in?   Answer Question