Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me over 30 minutes late with no excuse or apology. He acknowledged he was late, but didn't tell me why. Because of this, the entire interview was VERY rushed. He talked extremely fast and when I asked questions, he answered them wrong since he was so flustered and didn't take time to understand them. It was pretty disrespectful. When I asked him for his email to follow up with him, he refused to give it to me and said I would get an email from him. I never did. The recruiter was located out of Colorado although the position I applied for was in Austin, TX.

Associate Relationtionship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Submitted resume, CL and completed application online. Phone screening is the initial step with recruiter. Panel interview is the second step in the decision making process with hiring managers.

Staff Web Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2017.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted a week later. Recruiter talked to me asking what I did and questions to see if I was fit. Forwarded my information to another recruiter for the location where the position works. The recruiter assumed I lived in the area, despite telling the previous recruiter I was in the process of moving, and tried to have me come in physically for the interview. I told them I would prefer phone interview, and after playing phone tag for a couple of weeks they sent a thank you but we're not interested email.

I think it was very disrespectful for them to not only waste my time with offering to interview for the job, but then take away the offer without interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate without assistance?   1 Answer

Manager Client Tax Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview that lasted apporximately 45 minutes. I was informed of the hiring process and then I was asked to talked about my resume and my experience in the brokerage industry.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Iwas contacted about a week later for an in person interview with the manager. That interview session lasted about 45 minutes. I was told that I would know by mid July whether I got the job or not.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2017.

Interview

I contacted my Financial Consultant at my local branch and expressed my interest in the Financial Consultant position and if he could put me in touch with a local Schwab recruiter. He was nice enough to refer me and I received a call in a couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? Why do you think you should start out as a Financial Consultant and not an Associate?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The HR reached out to me regarding the Sr. Manager role. She set up a time to speak; which we did. All the basic introductory questions were asked and answered. The last question was regarding visa transfer and pay. To which the HR assured me that Schwab these days are doing a great job of, and the pay she quoted was perfectly in the acceptable range. All in all, everything went well; the outlook was positive.

However, after that first phone screening, there was no communication what so ever from the HR rep, or the company. Despite of my follow-up emails, requesting a response and/or a feedback, there has been absolute radio silence for over 3 months now.

Expected a lot more professionalism from an organization of the stature of Charles Schwab. Never going to consider them as an employer again!

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very disorganized. The first two were via phone. Then they sent me a rejection notice. After that, they called me and told me they wanted me to fly to Denver to meet the entire department. For some reason, I went..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position, after they described to me- all 7 of them, how difficult it was and that the job was probably beneath my qualification level.   1 Answer

Managing Director Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard phone screen with Schwab recruiter. That went well and the hiring manager emailed me to set up a phone interview. The job was based in SF while hiring manager was in NY and some team members/direct reports were in NY and Denver. I had additional calls with three of the team members. All went well, but they moved forward with another candidate. I emailed the hiring manager to say thank you and good luck... she emailed back very quickly with a nice note. Overall, the process was quick, easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• "Is there anything that would come up in your background check, such as payments being made to the government with a balance that's over $10,000?"   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for 30 min interview. A few days later was interviewed by the hiring manager (30 min), both had positive reviews and mentioned there would be one final interview with someone on the team.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, describe a difficult situation   Answer Question