Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

One interview over the phone and one video interview. They mostly want to know about your customer service experience and other relevant finance experience. Must be able to give strong examples of both of these

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

The HR reached out to me regarding the Sr. Manager role. She set up a time to speak; which we did. All the basic introductory questions were asked and answered. The last question was regarding visa transfer and pay. To which the HR assured me that Schwab these days are doing a great job of, and the pay she quoted was perfectly in the acceptable range. All in all, everything went well; the outlook was positive.

However, after that first phone screening, there was no communication what so ever from the HR rep, or the company. Despite of my follow-up emails, requesting a response and/or a feedback, there has been absolute radio silence for over 3 months now.

Expected a lot more professionalism from an organization of the stature of Charles Schwab. Never going to consider them as an employer again!

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (El Paso, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very straight forward, but very long. First I attended to my university's career fair, and a recruiter guided me through the application process and provided me with a study guide. Then I was scheduled for a phone interview that took about 30-40 minutes. After the interview, I was scheduled for an on site interview with two hiring managers. The on-site interview took about one hours. It took them about 10 days to tell me their decision... but at the end I was not hired because of my immigration status.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, face to face with peers. There wasn't a manager at the time. Interviewed with 3 team members. After the interview I got a call from the recruiter and was hired. Started a couple of weeks later after the background check was cleared.

Email Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Went though HR was told this was for a full time position. Then came in & had a interview with hiring manger and 2 of her employees. Again I was told this was for a full time position -- then a member of her staff comes in. And tells me they have 1 full time and two contract positions - " would I be interested in contract". I felt like this was a bait and switch interview. That was not ok. If you have a full time job position then that's what you need to be hiring for - not gauge their interest by seeing if they would be willing to take a contract position instead. Very unethical !!!

Interview Questions

• What is your experance with content marketing software?   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, the initial interview had a series of situational questions and the final interview was with two hiring managers at the office I applied for with more situational questions.

Estate Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Vey in depth and personable. First was the HR interview. Then a two person panel plus a second two person panel. They are good at describing the specifics needed for the position.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Straightforward, but lengthy. Screening Interview w HR. Phone interview w Hiring Manager. Phone interview w/ 3 team members. In person interview w: Hiring Manager, VP and SVP. Then radio silence for 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about regulations in the industry.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a long process beginning with the recruiter call with all behavior questions like strength,weakness,why do I want to work here?etc next the hiring manager with some technical questions on process we worked ,defects escalated and asked some situational questions and how will I react to that?and two team leads finally in person with three people and a written test.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about SQL,UNIX,bigonotation etc and some general testing questions about agile methodology and ceremonies attended.The interview was so friendly ,I felt more comfortable .Good luck for all who were trying job.   1 Answer

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Consultant Academy program they offer. My app was reviewed fairly quickly, then i was asked to complete a roughly 30 minute online questionnaire and then was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview for the following week. I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it and the results. (Asked multiple follow up questions & asked what would you have done if...etc.)   Answer Question