Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for 30 min interview. A few days later was interviewed by the hiring manager (30 min), both had positive reviews and mentioned there would be one final interview with someone on the team.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, describe a difficult situation   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On campus interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors. The people conducting the interview were very lax and easy to get along with. It lasted roughly around forty minutes more or less.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Charles Schwab?
      Tell me about a time you completed a task under a very stressful environment and how you completed this task.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Long process. From submitted application to hiring date, the process was three month. The phone interviews were slightly more difficult than the in person interviews. The phone interviewers were very helpful in prepping for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at your previous job help you here?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Consultant Academy program they offer. My app was reviewed fairly quickly, then i was asked to complete a roughly 30 minute online questionnaire and then was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview for the following week. I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it and the results. (Asked multiple follow up questions & asked what would you have done if...etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview going over how I had dealt with situations at my previous jobs. It is helpful to have your resume in front of you so you are able to recall events quickly.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you went out of your way to assist a client at your previous job.   Answer Question

FC Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2017.

Interview

Took about one month, broke into 3 main interviews. They were mainly behavioral based and all on the phone. The first was an initial call where I got more info on the position, then it was a video interview with two FC's from a branch-mainly behavioral questions, this was much more intense than the first interview. About a week later I had the final interview with a branch manager and then got an offer. All in all it took about one month to complete the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was called to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was scheduled three weeks out and was about an hour long. I was invited to my second and final interview at the end of the phone interview. The final interview was in person at their offices. I was called a week and a half later and inviting to complete a background check and participate in a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the position you're applying for to you friends and family?   2 Answers

Estate Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Vey in depth and personable. First was the HR interview. Then a two person panel plus a second two person panel. They are good at describing the specifics needed for the position.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, the initial interview had a series of situational questions and the final interview was with two hiring managers at the office I applied for with more situational questions.

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (El Paso, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very straight forward, but very long. First I attended to my university's career fair, and a recruiter guided me through the application process and provided me with a study guide. Then I was scheduled for a phone interview that took about 30-40 minutes. After the interview, I was scheduled for an on site interview with two hiring managers. The on-site interview took about one hours. It took them about 10 days to tell me their decision... but at the end I was not hired because of my immigration status.

Interview Questions

See What Charles Schwab Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Senior Financial Consultant in Lone Tree, CO

Pros: “One of the most important aspects of life is everything that isn't work. Schwab knows that and the work-life balance is great. At 3 years service, you get 3 weeks a year of vacation...”“One of the most important aspects of life is everything that isn't work. Schwab knows that and the work-life balance is great. At 3 years service, you get 3 weeks a year of vacation, not to mention sick time, bank/national holidays and 2 floating days to boot. Oh, and Schwab also cares about community - 8 hours of paid time-off for community service. The pay-scale is pretty nice. Commission structure is fair and balanced, so if you put in the work you'll have no problem maxing out your 401k each year. Great office in Lone Tree - the facilities are top-notch with diverse and flavorful selection of meals in the cafe/grill. Amazing mountain views.” – Full Review