Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Director - Constructon Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Flaky at best - missed interview time by hiring VP (new to her position and a novice in design/construct) and no return call following interview as promised. Appeared to have poor communication but were proud of their "back to back" meetings, and the negative outcome because of the meetings - missed meetings and no return calls. Not impressed with any of the personnel conducting the interviews - novices all. Had determined over weekend after no communication not to pursue the job - who wants to work for a company with the above attributes? - but finally received a call on Monday and they had other candidates - no loss here.

Interview Questions

• Situational interview questions - STAR - situation, task, action, result - tell me about a large project you managed, for example   1 Answer

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was very nice and friendly. I had spoken with two people at once, one of the leading financial advisors as well as hiring managers. It was a very easy-going and friendly interview. A good amount of behavioral questions as well as walking through my resume. I already received an offer from another company and had been very relaxed for this. Overall, being personable and friendly set a great mood for the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time that you have had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a standard HR interview followed by a hiring manager interview. The hiring manager interview was a lot of behavioral style questions. Following that, I had another online interview with the technical lead. This was a technical screen plus a code review. Nothing too bad but I was suspect of their engineer's code writing skills since the code he showed me did not even compile. I did not hear anything for about 10 days when suddenly I saw an email asking me to come for a 2 hour in person interview.
    Things started off very weird. While waiting in the lobby for the interview session, I got a call on my phone for a phone interview. Apparently there was some miscommunication and the first person interviewing me thought it was a phone interview. After we clarified that, he started another tech screen. Then in the middle of asking technical questions, the same person asked me what I thought of coworker in my current work place who he knew as well. That threw me off!
    I was scheduled to meet 4 different people but none of them was an HR person or the original hiring manager. I think the plans of the original group to hire me had changed.
    The only response I got from HR after I did not get the job was that the company had decided to go in a different direction.
    I felt this was a total waste of my time and was very disappointed in how it was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on design patterns, C# basics, java script basics( scope, closure)., ,net memory management.   1 Answer

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had an employee referral opportunity, One phone interview asking basic questions such as, Customer Service and Scenario based questions. After that was the in person interview with two hiring managers that ask questions about your knowledge of the company trying to gage your enthusiasm. Be sure to look up exam based material, such as Questions, Time of Test, Etc... It was about a 2 hour interview asking questions about customer service examples and providing them with detailed descriptions of those examples( helps if you want to show your interest) I received an offer a couple hours after the interview and now going through a vigorous background check, UA drug test through third party company. I really enjoyed the staff and hiring managers, They were very hospitable and allowed me to bring thought upon my questions. High recommended employer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Interview

Very easy process. Personality test, phone interview, and an in-person interview. The entire process took a little over a week for me. It was very straightforward. Questions were all behavior-based and situational.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Westlake, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a week, got a call for scheduling HR interview. The first interview was a phone interview with HR for 30 mins. HR informed me that she will forward the feedback to the hiring manager and get back to me later to schedule the next interview if the hiring manager is interested. Got a call after a week and interviewed with the Hiring manager the next day over the phone. 2 days later had the final phone interview with hiring manager's boss for about an hour. It took ~3 weeks in total for the interview process. All showed genuine interest in the interview and I enjoyed talking to each of them.
    With in the next 2 days I got the verbal offer. The offer was good. I requested for a few additional perks (just for fun) and they quickly agreed. Be ready with all items you want to negotiate so you can quickly work out an offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions such as; tell me about you; why should we hire you; what would your references say about you, what is your management style, etc..

Since it is a management position, I looked at all the glassdoor interview questions for Schwab's management positions. It was very helpful in getting my story together.   Answer Question

Associate Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

Interview

First applied online and received a phone screening interview the next day. The phone screening was standard (about 30 minutes) and the person I spoke to was genuine and friendly. There were a few scenario questions and "tell me about your experience..." type of questions. Nothing too complicated. I was immediately invited to have an in person interview at the company campus the following day. Although it was short notice, the interview went well and everyone I met there (including the others being interviewed) were kind and enthusiastic without sacrificing authenticity. The whole thing lasted about 3 hours. The first hour I was in an interview by two hiring leaders. I was asked about 12-15 STAR type of questions with nothing incredibly difficult and nothing that caught me off guard. The next hour and a half I was given a tour (along with anyone else who was being interviewed) of the offices, job details, and thorough information about the company history. I was contacted a few days later saying that I was a finalist for the job contingent on my background check/drug screen clearing. The background check is thorough and looks at credit history, financial criminal history, etc. After 2-3 weeks of anticipation I was offered a job!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial industry?   1 Answer
    • How do you want to be rewarded?   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Two phone interviews consisting of talking with two representatives from the firm, they left time at the end of the interview for you questions, just be sure to have questions that show your interest about the industry

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2017.

Interview

Phone: Clarifying previous roles, functions, & dates in those roles. The Interviewer did not seem familiar with the actual technical or governing regulations (SEC, FINRA, Tax) involved in working in the Wealth Management industry.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Charles Schwab?   1 Answer

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed a skills exam and then had an initial phone screening within the week that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Immediately scheduled a time for my in-person interview which was a week later. Met with two managers from the department for my second interview which lasted just short of an hour. Both interviews really just covered why you're interested in the financial services industry, why Schwab, and behavioral STAR questions.

I got my conditional offer yesterday (about 3 business days after my last interview) which is pending based on the results of my drug screening/background check. Overall, pretty standard interview process, just show that you're passionate about the industry and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab?
      Why finance?