Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

Consumer Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got a response after submitting my application within a few days. Had an interview with the talent adviser, then a member of the department I was hiring for, then the head of the department. This happened over the span of two weeks.

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back 2 weeks later. After two phone interviews, I was told I was one of the final applicants and the department manager would call me. 2 weeks went by and I had to remind them to call me. 4 weeks later they told me they offered it to someone else. 2 weeks after that, the position was back online. Terrible at being timely and getting information to you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone call with HR representative for screening. Then to someone in the field (1 hour) more behavioral questions. Then to the senior director for final interview. My only complaint is that I completed the interview within about 2 weeks, and didn't receive an offer for about 5 weeks.

PM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple people. Everyone I met was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. We discussed my work history and skills, no unusual questions. But it's been a very long process.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Internal interview, moving from Customer Service. Applied in December with the approval of current manager, submitted resumé and cover letter. Competitive role - 10+ applicants applied, 5 were selected for interviewed. The manager of the team interviewed us himself with his apprentice manager assisting. One interview, 45 minutes.

RIA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter a few hours later to set up a phone screening interview with a recruiter. First interview was mainly behavioral questions, where I went to school, GPA and basic questions. The second interview was 2 weeks later with a manager. Mainly behavior questions about my personality, where I see myself in 5 years, favorite/least favorite class. The third interview was 10 days after that with 2 managing directors in the trading and operations division. Asked behavior questions about stress management, values I want in a company, asked about previous internship. 10 days after my 3rd interview I got a call and email from the recruiter I first spoke with that I would be moving onto the next stages of the selection process- they had to do a background check/ drug test. The day after I submitted the drug test I got a call to say I had passed everything and they extended an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions
      - Time you had a stressful situation
      - Conflict at work
      - Worked in a team

Favorite/ Least Favorite class
      Where you see yourself in 5 years
      Values in a company   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

30 minute phone screening followed by in-person interview with managing director of the department I was applying for. It was not very stressful. They asked some questions about the financial markets and how much I keep up with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The person that interviewed me quit shortly after. Asked mostly cultural question about people's feelings towards security. One regular expression question on the white board. The other candidate was too "cocky". They basically wanted an abused dog to retrain. They are perfectly happy to offer their advice without ever taking any advice from others.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't care about security.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Managerial round cleared. Second round was on programming test. The interviewer stressed on syntax than logic. I was not happy with him and remained dejected. Judging people entirely on programming test in 30 minutes is vey unfair

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO).

Interview

I met with two upper managers and they asked me general customer service scenarios and how I would handle them. They were very friendly and the atmosphere was comfortable.