Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed but friendly and inviting. The panel interview, 1:1 was fairly casual but again detailed. I enjoyed the process and look forward to moving forward with the company.

Interview Questions

• Favorite project I worked on.   1 Answer

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed interview process. Started with an in depth phone interview and then an in-person interview with two team leads. They were very friendly and maintained a professional demeanor during the entire interview. Questions during the in-person interview were fairly structured but I felt I had the opportunity to elaborate on my qualities and skills. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name an accomplishment you are proud of, professionally or personally.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very drawn out and long. The recruiter contacted me in April and I did not get the verbal offer until the end of June. After the drug test and background check was done, it was already mid-July. So the whole process took about 3 months. I had 11 interviews with 11 different people, plus the drug and background screening.

Everyone was nice and professional, but there was a lot of repeated questions due to the amount of people I interviewed with. I have no doubt they would be great people to work with, but due to personal reason I had to take another company's offer.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions, case studies, experience and fit questions   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Encino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, was put in contact with a phone recruiter who interviewed me twice. I then interviewed with the branch manager in person. Then negotiated salary with phone interview. Both were professional about everything and having a phone recruiter made it easy to always had a go to contact. Phone recruiter was in mountain central time so there was a little bit of a back and forth there.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding customer service experience and sales experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

open discussion and not just going through the lines. good introduction to the project and company. explained expectation from employees. got a good feedback on was very resume and interviewer was familiar with the resume.

Interview Questions

• what the difference b/w traditional application and enterprise application   Answer Question

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in-person interview. I had seen multiple other reviews for the interview process stating that there is generally a screen, an actual phone interview, and then an in-person interview. I don't know if my interviewer planned to do both my screen and phone interview at the same time or if the direction of the conversation just lead us there. Phone interview/screen will have questions regarding your interest in the position, knowledge of the position, and about three situation based questions. My interviewer was courteous and professional, but also did an excellent job making the conversation feel casual.

When it is time for the in-person interview there is a 30 minute job shadowing portion before hand. You will get to meet an employee in the position that you are interviewing for and they will go over the specifics of the job. You will have the opportunity to ask them questions, however you are not allowed to take notes of their response.

The in-person interview is about 1/3 overview and background information and 2/3 scenario based questions. The questions can be difficult, but if you put forth effort to prepare you will do fine. You want to be able to cite examples that demonstrate your ability to complete the job. Think of your previous experience and be prepared with specific examples of your customer service skills/ability to multitask/how you handle difficult situations/etc. The last piece of advice I would give is to be yourself and make the conversation feel as organic as possible. You may not be prepared for every single question, but you can still impress your interviewer with your personality and honesty.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you had to handle in your previous position and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Richfield, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral . Applied for three different positions . Got an email for a phone interview . Denied for 2 out of 3 because I don't posses a degree . Was contacted again after my denial email that my skills matched up with the participant service job. Another Talent person called stayed on the phone for 50 min I asked what's next and she said an in person interview . That was a Thursday my in person interview was on the following Tuesday . Walked in check in at the desk . A guy came down brought me upstairs to shadow for 30 min then put me in a conference room while I waited for two managers . A girl and a guy . Questions were intense behavioral questions . BE PREPARED. When I thought it was all over another team of people come in to ask more behavior questions . They explain everything about the position and ask if you have any questions . I asked what the next step was and they said the talent person I spoke with at the beginning would be in contact with me regarding if I got the job or not so I'm still waiting and hoping for good results .

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging thing about the position to you ? How do you handle situations that have gone bad ? What drives you ?   Answer Question

Broker Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in March. Process took over 2+ Months. Friendly and cordial people. Going over the materials the recruiter provides is incredibly helpful. They will ask what you know about Schwab and what you have heard about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional client servicing   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position, I was then contacted 4 days later by the in house recruiter (by phone) indicating she would like to schedule an phone screen for the following week. Informed to look out for an email regarding our upcoming session however the email never arrived that day. So I contacted her the following Monday to which she indicated she forgot to send the email as it was a busy Friday and subsequently she scheduled the pre-sreen for the next day.

The Recruiter was very congenial and made the process relaxed by engaging in conversation in order to "break the ice" if you will. We went over my resume of course, followed by my interest in the position and essentially my ambitions. Totally easy engaging interview. I was also asked if I given the opportunity to progress in the process would I be able to have a F2F with the Hiring Manager. And I was completely honest, unfortunately I am not able since I am stationed in NJ and the position is located in FL. Willing to relocate that is why I applied, but unfortunately not able to fly down for a F2F. I also asked if the company would sponsor the trip and/or if the Hiring Manager would allow non locals to interface in a Skype type of interview since most companies have that flexibility to allow for such in the event if a potential candidate with the background they seek is unable to interview onsite. Sometimes the best candidates are not local and one should always consider and/or acknowledge and come to some type of accommodation or compromise.

At least the companies I've interviewed in the past allowed me to interview for a Cali and FL job without having me come to the office directly since I was essentially out of reach. Guess Charles Schwab is the exception. Since I am unemployed, there is no way I would be able to afford an RT ticket especially if I wasn't going to be refunded. The Recruiter indicated that the "Group" wasn't that flexible and prefer second interviews to be conducted F2F, which is inconsiderate if you ask me. She also indicated that she would ask on my behalf if they can accommodate considering my dire situation. For a company that is built on placing clients first, they surely do not place candidate needs first that are interested in working for their organization.

Sadly today, I received the infamous we're not moving forward with you automated letter. All because I am unable to get to FL due to my financial "situation". It is all good, I will not be applying for future roles knowing that there is no flexibility and consideration when it comes to potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your ambitions how does it correlate to the role?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews with multiple managers and everyone was professional. It was casual and conversational. The hiring manager kept mentioning the person who was previously in this position worked very hard and did an outstanding job, and was extremely disappointed that they left, which was a red flag. Needless to say, I did not accept the job mainly because of the hiring manager's focus was more on the previous employee's skills and didn't spend a lot of time asking about my skills and what I can bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Share examples in which you had to lead others or advocate the cases of key stakeholders.
      What were those cases? What did you do? What obstacles did you overcome? and how?
      Answer Question

I got another job offer from another company.