Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Managerial round cleared. Second round was on programming test. The interviewer stressed on syntax than logic. I was not happy with him and remained dejected. Judging people entirely on programming test in 30 minutes is vey unfair

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Lone Tree, CO).

Interview

I met with two upper managers and they asked me general customer service scenarios and how I would handle them. They were very friendly and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Vice President, Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Phone Interview with branch manager and existing Financial Consultant, In person meeting with branch team.
    Standard interview questions about behaviors and experience.
    This seemed to be a mass hire situation. The HR rep provided sallary information on our second phone call, unfortunately it was not the same as the final offer made. The final offer was almost half the original.

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First you go in and sit and ghost with someone in the role you are interviewing for so that you can see first hand the actual job. Ask questions. Learn. When it's time for the interview, you sit with 2 managers and it is a situanal interview... Ie tell us a time when... Be specific.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a previous job.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Business Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with the recruiter at Charles Schwab was not pleasant. The second question she asked me was, "How much do you currently make?". I know it is not uncommon for them to ask, but I'm not sure she even got my full name before she was asking me questions about my current salary. The recruiter was cold and a horrible representation of what I would think Charles Schwab would want as a first impression. In fact, I was hesitant if I even wanted to continue interviewing with the company if I made it past the first round.

Broker Trainee Interview

Interview

It was a great process that included one phone interview with a very friendly recruiter that was about an hour long. After being moved to the next stage, I was interviewed by two managers at their offices in Phoenix, AZ. The managers were extremely friendly and did not make me feel nervous. Some of the questions were tough but I was given plenty of time to think of thoughtful answers so I did not feel rushed. I would recommend applying for any role within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel as though you are a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy phone interview.Asked questions according to job descriptionThis interview was done on the phone They called me and asked me the questions. The experience was overall good. The interviewer was friendly.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

After meeting recruiter at a job fair she emailed me when the job discussed was posted. Once I submit my application she conducted a phone interview to screen. She then told me I advanced to the next round and later called to fill me in on the upcoming in person interviews. A month or so later I arrived at 9am and the recruiter introduced me to HR, who interviewed me, future supervisors who interviewed me, and a senior VP who also interviewed me. Each interview was about 30 min, a lot of redundancy in questions, but everyone was very nice and supportive. Overall gave me a good sense of the company and management, which is amazing as an incoming intern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your required duties to help a client. Why do you want to work for Schwab.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process consisted of a 30-40 minute phone screen with a Talent Manager. Once they determine your positive qualification, you have a video interview with 2 senior managers. The whole process was thorough & professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult situation with a customer and a co-worker.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took 2+ weeks. Applied online first which took a couple days to get a response. Two phone interviews. First was from a recruiter and second was with a hiring manager. Emailed two days after with no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming, what are the main principles of OOP, what is mvc, what is a linked list, what is a garbage dump.   Answer Question