Charles Schwab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for more than 10 interviews. They really make sure that you will be the correct culture fit as well as skill set. They warn you the company moves very slow and yes they move very very slow. The also are very sensitive with budgets so be flexible with them so your job doesn't get frozen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the projects you have done that display your data knowledge...   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL).

Interview

took about a month each to be interviewed over phone. Make sure to keep in contact with your recruiter. My recruiter left the company and had to send me for another one after me talking to my friend who was working there. The new recruiter let me go because he had no clue of who i was or did not try and get to know me.

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to on-line job posting. I received an email with an internet assessment. From there, I received an email saying I had passed and set up a phone interview for the following day, I passed the phone interview on the spot and scheduled an in person interview with 2 branch managers and final hiring interview with panel of managers.

RIA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First and second rounds were one-on-one with Human Resource reps. The last one was with two professionals that were working in the field. IT was a great experience, however in the last round it was harder to connect with the professionals.

Interview Questions

• Asked many behavioral questions. And questions about the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

I applied on line through their website. The application consisted of a typical application form and I was able to attach a resume. I was contacted by email to set up a preliminary telephone interview for the following week. We corresponded by email to schedule the interview, and I was called the following week at the scheduled time. It was to be for 30 minutes, and I was given "reading assignments" from the HR representative to learn more about the Charles Schwab company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Why do you want this job? And, most importantly, HOW OLD ARE YOU?
      They know it is illegal to ask such a question, so it was asked indirectly. How many years between this job on your resume, and college graduation?
      1 Answer

Participant Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Prejudice. I will never apply to this company again. I applied for the position and got a call back the next day. The recruiter I spoke to was interested in setting up a phone interview so we did. When I had my phone interview everything went great. We were supposed to speak for about 30 minutes but it lasted over an hour. She was so interested she actually set me up for a face to face interview but told me she still had to get approval from the hiring manager. The following business day I got a decline generic email. I was shocked because it went so well plus my interview was scheduled. So the hiring manager cancelled my face to face, they didn't want to meet me even though it all went great. I called the recruiter to get feedback. I was told she was informed I didn't fit into their culture. That was the only excuse I got. But I had a great interview I work in the investments industry and I have a degree. I NEVER put my ethnic background when I do applications (for this very reason) but when I applied for this position for some reason I did. And ironically I got declined for a face to face because I "didn't fit into their culture".

Interview Questions

• They want you to research the company before your phone interview.   1 Answer

Associate, Participant Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

1. General Phone Interview, brief
    1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview, longer about 1 hour, if you pass this interview the TA rep emails info to prepare for your panel interview.
    1. Panel interview lasting about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Situational, previous experience, why are you interested in working for the company.
      After the panel interview, I received a call from Talent Acquisition to inform me I was hired.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, especially if one does not have any finance experience. The job posted clearly stated the salary, starting at $40,000 per year.

MBA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2015.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter followed by a follow up call with people in the location who I would be working directly with. Both calls were about forty-five minutes apiece. The interview was interesting and engaging and everyone throughout the process was very friendly and always informing me of the schedule which is really nice because as applicants we all fret over that.

RIA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds of phone interviews. The first round was just some verification of credentials. The second and third ones were all situation based questions that were simple. Then the last one was with two people and the questions were noticeably harder.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went above and beyond helping someone at your job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (College Station, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was with their Human Resources office in Denver, and the second interview was with the team that I would have been working with during the internship. I did not receive any information regarding the status of my interview until months after.