Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed a skills exam and then had an initial phone screening within the week that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Immediately scheduled a time for my in-person interview which was a week later. Met with two managers from the department for my second interview which lasted just short of an hour. Both interviews really just covered why you're interested in the financial services industry, why Schwab, and behavioral STAR questions.

I got my conditional offer yesterday (about 3 business days after my last interview) which is pending based on the results of my drug screening/background check. Overall, pretty standard interview process, just show that you're passionate about the industry and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab?
      Why finance?
      STAR style questions based on your experience.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Iwas contacted about a week later for an in person interview with the manager. That interview session lasted about 45 minutes. I was told that I would know by mid July whether I got the job or not.

Associate Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Started as an initial phone interview with recruiter. Led to an on-campus interview at the Phoenix location with two managers. The in-person interview was definitely smooth and very relaxed. They made sure to make me feel comfortable. Just a few hours after the interview, my recruiter called saying they wanted to move me into the next steps of the process- the background check. This was definitely the longest, most anxious part of my experience. Due to me being from out of state and the thoroughness of the screening, it was a very long 3-week waiting period. Finally though, it came back clear and I was given an offer. Total time from phone interview to start day is almost exactly 2 months.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

A river met someone who was filling in for the real person taken to tiny room asked questions about myself and what I liked about my past job. Told me about the company then asked many different type questions. Seemed like they already made their decision by appearance.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I expected from my Co workers   1 Answer

Vice President, Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then a face to face with the hiring manager and one more phone/webex interview with another manager. The interview process was fairly laid back. I think that they follow their instincts more than a formal quantitative process.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab? What motivates you etc.?   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, the initial interview had a series of situational questions and the final interview was with two hiring managers at the office I applied for with more situational questions.

Business Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with the recruiter at Charles Schwab was not pleasant. The second question she asked me was, "How much do you currently make?". I know it is not uncommon for them to ask, but I'm not sure she even got my full name before she was asking me questions about my current salary. The recruiter was cold and a horrible representation of what I would think Charles Schwab would want as a first impression. In fact, I was hesitant if I even wanted to continue interviewing with the company if I made it past the first round.

Email Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Describe a time when you... HIred during onslaught of need. Many question on examples of a time when or how you handled a situation. Why you want the job. Where do you plan on being in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to defuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I'm still not really sure if this counts as an interview, but I applied online, took the personality test, was later contacted by a recruiter from Indianapolis via email, who set up a call with a hiring manager in Phoenix, AZ the following Tuesday. She told me to prepare for a behavioral interview. The call was rather short, I clocked it at around 7 minutes. At the beginning of the call, I was informed they weren't actually hiring for the Broker Trainee program, even though they have a job posting for it on their website, and that the interview was for their Participation Services class. At the end she told me that she'd forward my information to managers and that I should hear something by Friday. I got a rejection email that Thursday. I wasn't asked any behavioral questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

This Interview is expected to be Face-to-Face. Indeed, it was Face-to-Face with Speakerphone. Overall, there were three interviewers: a gentleman who met me at the Employees Entrance and presented in the room and two others (on the speakerphone). Before entering the company's building, I have to run between three lobbies, because a right lobby was not indicated in the invitation's email. The entire interview took 55 minutes. The most problematic was catching up with interviewees' voices which sounded thru static background noise not so clear. Sometimes, I had time to distinguish between their question or statement.

Interview Questions

• My ability to start immediately (without any introductory the-first-day training) and generate various reports by strict deadlines. And continuing to do so under constant pressure.   1 Answer