Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Apr 7, 2017

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews total. Each were between 45 minutes and one hour long. This position requires a lot of time talking on the phone, so speak clearly and confidently and try to build a connection over the phone. Each interview focused around behavioral or "STAR" questions. If you aren't familiar with these types of questions, google them and spend a lot of time practicing them, specifically the "R" part of the question. Each interview will have questions like "why Schwab?" so be able to answer that question well.

Interview Questions

• Why Schwab?
      Tell me about a time you failed, and how you learned from it.
      Tell me about a time when you exceeded a customer or client's expectations.
      Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process starts with a lengthy online application, followed by a behavioral test. The test is designed with a time limit for each multiple choice question. Once the question is answered, you can not go back and make any changes. If you pass that, they will schedule a phone interview and provide links for you to learn more about the company and becoming a Schwabie. The phone interview is a series of behavioral questions followed by a "get to know you" round of questions. The next step will involve face-to-face interviews and it will take up to one week before they will make contact, and they will contact either way. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become part of the Charles Schwab team?   Answer Question

International Operations Accounts Soltions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, took the assessment test then received an email with the date and time of phone interview. Recruiter was nice, asked the normal questions. I was nervous and that definitely came through during my interview. Recruiter said that my information would be passed on to the hiring manager and I should hear something within 7-10 days. I'm assuming I won't actually get a face to face interview since that's what they normally say. As of today, I have not heard anything and it has been a week. I did call the recruiter a couple days later to touch base and have not reviewed a call back from her.

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard preliminary phone interview, why are you looking at us, why are you leaving your current employer, what is your current salary, what salary are you looking for. Normal questions plus the trap questions.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for for this position?   1 Answer

Estate Planning Interview

Application

Interview

There is no follow up with Schwab. You will wait for weeks and can only find out you've been rejected by logging on and checking your status. Can't they at least send an automated reject email?

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was organized and detailed. I first received an e-mail to schedule a telephone interview, then once the interview was completed, they followed-up with me in ~10 days. I didn't get the position, but the interaction with the recruiter was very positive throughout. Ultimately, I didn't continue with the process because they needed the position to be out-of-state. The recruiter was prompt in her scheduled interview time, gave me realistic expectations about how it would go. It did run a little over the estimated time.

Interview Questions

• As a supervisor, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee relation issue? I was also asked to describe my interview style.   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with three different levels; Senior staff, manager and vice president. Some questions were very formulaic, while others were rather free flowing and more like an actual conversation. I was made to feel very comfortable during most of the interview process. First part of interview was completed, then waited a couple of weeks for the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle it if there is a conflict among team members   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

A young woman who was nice, but giddy, called to pre-screen me. I was a former employee and she asked some questions, but not more than 15 minutes worth of interaction. Didn't get an actual interview and even though she said my resume would be passed to another hiring manager - that NEVER happened. I get a feeling this firm is being "over consulted" and local hiring managers have very little actual hiring authority until the high paid consultants and HR bureaucratic staff of tangled webs sets the candidate free. Perhaps they didn't want an former employee, but they process was disjointed, somewhat confusing and overall very NEGATIVE!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last firm?
      Why do you want to work at SCH?
      Answer Question

MCT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the senior manager. Never got a response from my thank you email to a follow up email asking about the decision timeline. Was finally notified by email from HR that the position was filled internally. They posted for a 2nd opening for the same position. Emailed the senior manager if I was still being considered. Never got a response, so reapplied. They called me in for a 2nd interview which lasted 90 minutes. Again never got a response from thank you emails, never heard back when they said they would. Called after 3 weeks and still got no answer other than they would get back to me. Still waiting for a decision either way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a positive interview experience. The talent advisor was extremely organized and transparent. I originally applied in January & passed through two rounds of personality assessments. From there, I had a welcome conversation and 3 rounds of interviews. The thorough interview process was a true testament to Charles Schwab wanting to find candidates who are a good culture fit.