Charles Schwab Registered Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Registered Representative Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

The first thing to note is the process takes a long time. I submitted my resume online with a referral and it took three weeks to hear from HR. The first call was a five minute "Get to know you" call. The next call with HR last over an hour, focusing on my qualifications and my potential at Schwab. Then there was the face to face interview which went into customer service-oriented detail questions (think S.T.A.R. answers). Then SIFMA. Then job.

Interview Questions

• They really don't ask too many technical questions - Schwab will train you. They look for if you're a good for the company. Customer service oriented, friendly, personable and outspoken. That's what they need.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating - RegReps all start at the same floor salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screening followed by phone interview. Focused on behavioral questions centered around customer service. Then an invitation to the office for the SIFMA assessment to evaluate the likelihood of passing the licensing exams. If you pass that you're invited back for an in person interview. That one is also all behavioral based questions centered on customer service.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions asking for specific experiences, how you handled them, and the outcome. So come prepared with multiple examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Took about 1 week for first contact, followed by phone interview the following week, then in person interview 2 weeks from then. Offer receive about a week after in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time when" questions. Gauging personality over technical skills   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview

Phone, then two mgrs

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Non transparent the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with your manager and how changed their opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2012.

Interview

Very thorough interview process that starts off with a phone based interview which lasts 45-90 minutes. The interviewer purposefully will entice you into overreacting by repeating questions over again and asking you to respond differently than the time prior. The idea is to see how you are able to work with various clients on the phone and to gage your customer service prowess. The next step would be to take a computer based exam to judge how competitive you would be on the series 7, and the final process is a interview with 2 team managers.

Interview Questions

• You get quizzed on your market prowess to determine how well you relay information, are up to date, and can decipher market analytics into interpretable data you can present to clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Had one phone interview with HR and one in-person interview with 2 hiring managers. Asked about background and behavioral questions. No technical questions. Fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were pretty standard compared with other firms I have worked or interviewed with. The whole process took about three months from the date of first interview to acceptance. There is an initial phone conversation about the role to see if you are a good fit, then a more formal phone interview, followed by a face-to-face with two managers within the firm. Anywhere from a few weeks to a month afterward, you will be informed of the decision and provided details on compensation, training, start dates, U4s, etc.

Interview Questions

• Both the phone and face-to-face questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. "Tell us the most difficult time you..." or "Give us an example of a time you.." type questions. Pretty straightforward with no curveballs. You will actually likely be asked the same questions on both interviews, so feel free to recycle your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation on the offer.

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2012.

Interview

We had two phone discussions, an online questionnaire and a final in person interview. The whole process took about a month and a half. The phone conversations were fairly brief and standard in nature. The online questionnaire is a little more perplexing as they seem to ask repeated similar questions in a slightly different manner.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding reason for seeking employment with Schwab. Also included are the reasons why you want the position and so forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

This will be a behaviorial interview where you are expected to provide answers to situational scenarios. It will most likely be an interview with multiple managers. It is quite formal and you should dress up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes i negotiated a slightly higher salary.