Charles Schwab Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Specialist Interview

Interview

Very easy process. Personality test, phone interview, and an in-person interview. The entire process took a little over a week for me. It was very straightforward. Questions were all behavior-based and situational.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Schwab

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Maitland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First you go in and sit and ghost with someone in the role you are interviewing for so that you can see first hand the actual job. Ask questions. Learn. When it's time for the interview, you sit with 2 managers and it is a situanal interview... Ie tell us a time when... Be specific.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a previous job.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in-person interview. I had seen multiple other reviews for the interview process stating that there is generally a screen, an actual phone interview, and then an in-person interview. I don't know if my interviewer planned to do both my screen and phone interview at the same time or if the direction of the conversation just lead us there. Phone interview/screen will have questions regarding your interest in the position, knowledge of the position, and about three situation based questions. My interviewer was courteous and professional, but also did an excellent job making the conversation feel casual.

When it is time for the in-person interview there is a 30 minute job shadowing portion before hand. You will get to meet an employee in the position that you are interviewing for and they will go over the specifics of the job. You will have the opportunity to ask them questions, however you are not allowed to take notes of their response.

The in-person interview is about 1/3 overview and background information and 2/3 scenario based questions. The questions can be difficult, but if you put forth effort to prepare you will do fine. You want to be able to cite examples that demonstrate your ability to complete the job. Think of your previous experience and be prepared with specific examples of your customer service skills/ability to multitask/how you handle difficult situations/etc. The last piece of advice I would give is to be yourself and make the conversation feel as organic as possible. You may not be prepared for every single question, but you can still impress your interviewer with your personality and honesty.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you had to handle in your previous position and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. You'll do some online assessments and have a quick screening phone call to start the process. After that I had a lengthier phone interview with a talent management rep and then the in person interview. The in person interview wasn't too bad, be prepared to provide specific examples when you answer their questions. Don't use general responses. Tip: if you can get referred by a Schwab employee you are guaranteed to get at least a screening call.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any direct contact with clients in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start you at 40,000 and don't really budge unless you have a Masters degree or industry licensing. Acquiring the licenses is the fastest way towards more pay & responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a 10-15 minute phone conversation/interview to discuss my interest level in Charles Schwab, (Hint- know the basic of the position and have general interest in working in Finance). Once you pass the first interview, the recruiter will schedule a second phone interview a week later which will last 45-60 minute. The interviewer will asked behavioral and scenario-type questions, he/she will question you on your knowledge of the position and your knowledge of the company. (Hint- know the Star method,research the company and prepare some questions to ask, the recruiter will ask several times if you have any questions for her, so have at-least 4-6 questions prepared ). If you past the second phone interview, a week later a hiring manager will email you to setup an in-person interview with 2 managers and you will also get a chance to shadow someone for 30 minutes. The managers will have you go through your resume, ask what you know about the position and off course you will be asked 6-8 behavioral interview questions, but at the end you'll get a chance to asked them questions, So make sure you research the company some more and know the culture. 1 Week later you will receive an email to schedule a final phone interview with a hiring manager, it really a conversation about your interest, so know the position real well, and off course he/she will ask a couple behavioral interview question, I hope by now you get the pattern, you must prepare, prepare, prepare for Behavioral interview questions and you have to know the Culture... one week later I received a call saying they want to move on with me, you have to go through a drug test, credit test, and background test. after the results come back Schwab will officially make an offer to you.

last hint of the day send a thank you letter to everybody you interview with, and make sure it personalize to each person that you speak with.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service experience that went poorly and how you handled the situation ?
      What the most innovation solution you have ever come with for a work problem?
      What is your most significant accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 15 minute phone conversation/interview to discuss my interest level in Charles Schwab. Then scheduled a 45-60 minute phone interview where they asked behavioral and scenario-type questions. Then I was called in for an hour long in-person interview that was with two managers where I was asked more thorough questions about my resume and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service experience that went poorly and how you handled the situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Expect to have to accept/decline the offer the moment they call you. I asked if I had a day, or some amount of time, to review the offer and the guy basically said, "no, you have to tell me right now".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

You start with an on-line questionnaire. Next a phone interview, which is quite extensive. Then the in person interview with three managers at one time. Tough questions. Done very professionally, but not really warm. I have a lot of experience in the investment industry, so they could not understand why I would want this position. They seemed intimidated by my experience, though I did not brag about it. I was looking for a career, not just a job, so I was looking at the job from a long term perspective.

Interview Questions

• Based on my years of experience, they couldn't understand why I would be interested in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First one was a phone interview that took a out 40 minutes. I felt relatively comfortable answering the questions. The interviewee said he thinks I'd be a good fit for the company. He noted my masters degree as one reason. None of my education or work experience was I finance.

My next interview was in person one week later. There was three managers. One manager I would be working under. The manager I would have worked under looked at me twice in the hour interview and asked me two questions. I'm pretty sure he took one look at my resume and I was done before I even arrived. I thought the interview questions were challenging but fair.

Two days later I got an email saying they were going in another direction. I wasn't surprised.

Overall, I thought they were fairly professional barring the manager who wasn't interested in me (not his fault in my opinion).

Interview Questions

• Give one example when you went out of your way to provide superior customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

filled out online questionnaire, received an email that they would be calling me to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. After passing that, I was told to expect a phone call to set up face to face. That was with 3 supervisors taking turns asking situational questions, kinda tough.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time your supervisor criticized your work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotion, it is based on whether you have your bachelors degree, and whether you have your series 7 license.

Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews, phone and then face to face. The phone one was relatively easy questions, basically sell yourself so Schwab can even decide if they're interested. The face to face I had really nice managers interviewing me, they were super easy to talk to. You get asked a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Interview Questions

• Just having to come up with scenarios on the spot was difficult, and trying to sell yourself at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.