Charles Schwab Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Charles Schwab Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 4, 2017

Managing Director Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard phone screen with Schwab recruiter. That went well and the hiring manager emailed me to set up a phone interview. The job was based in SF while hiring manager was in NY and some team members/direct reports were in NY and Denver. I had additional calls with three of the team members. All went well, but they moved forward with another candidate. I emailed the hiring manager to say thank you and good luck... she emailed back very quickly with a nice note. Overall, the process was quick, easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• "Is there anything that would come up in your background check, such as payments being made to the government with a balance that's over $10,000?"   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Straightforward, but lengthy. Screening Interview w HR. Phone interview w Hiring Manager. Phone interview w/ 3 team members. In person interview w: Hiring Manager, VP and SVP. Then radio silence for 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about regulations in the industry.   Answer Question

Consumer Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got a response after submitting my application within a few days. Had an interview with the talent adviser, then a member of the department I was hiring for, then the head of the department. This happened over the span of two weeks.

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Made it through the phone interviews and had a great onsite interview that lasted several rounds with different members of the management team. I felt very positive about my interview and was told as much by the hiring manager, but my raport with the recruiter based out of Austin was abysmal. She was very incredulous that I wouldn't tell her the names of the the other firms where I was interviewing. Regardless, she asked me to let her know if I received any offers before they'd had a chance to get back in touch with me. As a matter of fact, I did. I contacted her to let her know and she was really taken aback that I wouldn't give her the name of the firm or the salary offered. I've never had such a tense interaction with a recruiter, ever. Shortly after the call ended, I received an email thanking me for applying for the position but that I wouldn't be moving forward in the hiring process. I was initially excited about the possibility of working for Schwab, especially after meeting with the OPS team, but my interactions with the recruiter left such a bad taste in my mouth that I feel like I ultimately dodged a bullet.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for more than 10 interviews. They really make sure that you will be the correct culture fit as well as skill set. They warn you the company moves very slow and yes they move very very slow. The also are very sensitive with budgets so be flexible with them so your job doesn't get frozen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the projects you have done that display your data knowledge...   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. Applied online and got a call from HR recruiter for an initial phone screen. After that, had a call with the head of the team I applied for to talk about my experience and why I was interested in financial services. Lastly, brought in for an all day, in-office interview to speak with various people from around the firm and the rest of team that I applied for. Heard back within 2 week.

Interview Questions

• Why financial services?
      Why Schwab?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you know anyone in San Francisco?
      Case question was asked.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an in-house recruiter. After this, she submitted my resume to the hiring manager. The recruiter was warm and personable, although she didn't seem to know too many details of the day to day job requirements.

Interview Questions

• She asked me technical questions about my experience, but also seemed to want to get a sense for my overall personality.   Answer Question

SchwabAcademy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went on for about six months. After applying through the company website I was contacted by a recruiter for a screening interview. Following the phone interview I did not hear anything from the recruiter about next steps for two months after I had reached out several times. Eventually I was selected for an interview with the hiring manager, and the interview was also over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you have faced and what you did to over come this problem in your recent experience   Answer Question

Managing Director-Credit Reporting Analytics Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online, was called with several question, after which was scheduled to have a telephone interview. Talent hunter said that manager will contact directly. I called after several weeks to find out that manager found a better suited candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the most proud accomplishment? What are the difficulties I overcame during my career? How do I see myself in 5 years? Is it Ok if the title will be lesser than current? What are my criterions of finding the best employees? Which environment is best matches my style of management?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Schwab (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had 2 unstructured interviews. The conversations were on sided. I had to prove myself, but the hiring manager did little to prove themselves. I fell through the cracks and never got a response back with a clear answer. After almost 2 months I needed closure and finally got a no with lots of excuses on why I fell through the cracks.