Charles Stark Draper Laboratory Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

On-line application followed by phone interview, followed by on-site interview. The latter included a presentation, and 30 min chats with HR, director, group leader, peers, and PMs. Seven people in all; had one no-show. Lunch was provided. Time span was about 3 months.

Interview Questions

Salary offer was not competitive, 13k below current midwest salary... verbal offer w/o supporting benefits package... unresponsive HR staff... negotiaton plus-up was only 5k sign-up bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Charles Stark Draper Laboratory

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Cambridge, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Included a hour long presentation to a group of interviewers. It displays your ability to communicate technical information. I enjoyed this aspect of the interview because it gave me control over a single portion of the interview. You can't control the other aspects of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

One-on-one phone screen, followed by pretty standard full-day technical interview process. Bounced between several one-on-one sessions with various stakeholders (HR, technical, and management), and gave a group panel presentation on prior work. Interviewers had varying levels of preparedness; some knew what was going on, others gave the impression that they'd been interrupted from their work with little warning and weren't exactly sure what to ask.

Interview Questions

• Standard stereotypical questions - "Why do you want to work here?" "Describe a mistake you made and how you reacted to it." No real surprises.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Tampa, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied via a job board and subsequently via the company website. I was contacted a month later and successfully pass two phone interviews. This was followed by an onsite interview and also an additional offsite interview with a manager who wasn't present during my first interview. It took the company several months to submit and offer before I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple hardware design questions to determine my level of knowledge in the area.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 3 weeks for a Senior Systems Engineering position. After a short phone interview, I was brought in to interview for multiple positions. This led to an interview day of no less than 8 one-on-one interviews and a one hour technical presentation. The whole process was exhausting but worthwhile, allowing me to talk to various levels of employees and really get a feel for the company and their experiences. The interviewing manager kept me in the loop on progress past the interview date and I received an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to describing my past experiences and asked how I would approach certain real-world scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Stark Draper Laboratory (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Applied online. No phone interview, brought me in for an in person interview that included meeting members of the related research groups and a one hour technical presentation on my research background.