Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2018

2.7

Physical Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in July 2014.

Interview

I applied in early June and finally got a call for an interview the beginning of July. The principle was really nice and after the interview he said that the HR department would be the one notifying applicants about offers. I never heard anything back, I even emailed the principle and didn't get a response. I find it extremely unprofessional that they didn't make an effort to contact applicants even if they didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• This was a very laid back and informal interview. It was a very easy going conversation about the school and expectations of the position and then I talked about by experience.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy with straight to the point questions being asked. The interviewer went into great detail on the position as well as provided his expectations of the person chosen for the opening.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Went to a job fair. They give you a map that tells what positions schools are hiring. Go to a school's table you are interested in learning more about and talk with administrators/teachers representing the school. They tell you about their school population and ask you questions and answer yours. Great thing is you usually get an offer of employment right on the spot if they want you at their school.

Interview Questions

• - How to you keep track of data?
      - Have you attended any workshops (Letterland/Reading Foundations etc.)?
      - How to you manage behavior problems?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Huntersville, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Spoke with principal over the phone. Completed application and mailed it in with resume, credentials.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Paid according to degree and years in service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed the application online and then viewed openings. I then contacted those schools for an interview and waited to hear back. For some schools I did an over the phone interview while others had me meet in person.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied online. Since I heard nothing, I assumed another candidate was chosen. Several months later I was contacted and scheduled for a panel interview. I was interviewed by HR, the hiring manager and 3 staff persons. It was very pro forma--interviewers had set questions. They had booked candidates back to back, so at the end when they asked for my questions, I had several. The HR manager looked at her watch and said that they had other people to talk to. I was given a significant written homework assignment using internal tools that I have never been trained in. due within next 24 hours. I burned the midnight oil and got the assignment done and sent via email. Once again, I heard nothing back and had to follow up with HR to make sure they received everything they needed. There was no update on the process until about 5 months later out of the blue, and notified that I was a finalist. Then after I completed all the paperwork and transcripts, a week later the HR manager called to say that a hiring freeze had eliminated the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle dealing with families who are under stress from having a child in trouble with the school?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses. Give examples of each.   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in December 2008.

Interview

I was called on the phone about a resume and application I had sent about a month before. Since I was living in Michigan, my interview was held over the phone. Due to a clerical error, the principal interviewing me never called at the appointed time, so I figured that was it. Instead, she called around 8:30 pm to tell me her secretary had written I was supposed to be there in person at the appointed time. She asked if I could do the interview then. I agreed - it didn't go as well as I would have liked because I wasn't really in the right mode to be interviewed. When the appointed time had come and past, I sort of put down my guard, and this was not the best way to be interviewed. That said, it must have gone alright, because she made an offer and I accepted. The questions were largely things like, "How do you plan to teach," "What do you do to teach to a diverse group of students," etc. What you'd expect. Plan to use specific examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more. You never know.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. Because I was working with the school through another grass roots organizations, it was more of just signing forms and becoming acquainted. It was a little bit unnerving to know that I was being interview by the director of the program, but in the end, I was glad that she was the one who conducted it. She was a very honest and hard-working person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about general experience and my willingness to submit background checks and drug screenings.   1 Answer

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

It can be difficult and sometimes it can be very simple. You should not go into it just for a check. Make sure this is your passion the children need someone who is truly committed to them

Interview Questions

• Did you prepare a lesson plan?   1 Answer

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the principal at a job fair. There were principals from many schools around the gym. I sat down with the principal, he reviewed my resume and then proceeded to ask me questions for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two students in your classroom began to fight?   Answer Question