Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2018

2.7

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Lengthy application process followed by virtual interview that has three parts, behavior based question and answer, critique a lesson of a teacher and data analysis. The process was long and took about an hour and a half.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in June 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call to come in for an interview that week. Four interviewers sat at a table and round robin questions. It took 15 minutes for them to ask all their questions. They wrote down everything that was said. They were serious and no one smiled. They said I'd hear back next week.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed the application online and then viewed openings. I then contacted those schools for an interview and waited to hear back. For some schools I did an over the phone interview while others had me meet in person.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed briefly at the hiring fair. My second interview was done in one of the administrative office buildings. The interview varied greatly based on the school. Each school was looking for a specific person to fill specific positions.

Interview Questions

• Work ethic, why I wanted to work in Title I schools, adversity I had overcome   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

These interviews are not easy. Most interviews you will go to have a panel of teachers sitting down in the interview process with you. Yes you might feel nervous just go in with confidence don't let them know your nervous. some principals you can tell don't care for you right off the bat, but everyone is different.

Talent and Development Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me at the same time. I was asked several questions as to how I would handle situations in the classroom, with staff members, and administration. Each person asked me about 5 questions each. They used the computer to record my answers. The questions weren't very difficult, just pulled from my previous experiences in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a lesson you would teach in a gifted and talented classroom.   Answer Question

I didn't want to go to the school where the position was located. It would have been an hour long drive.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3-panel review board that had prepared questions to ask. From what I could gather, they had asked the same questions to previous candidates. We were ending when one of the interviewers decided to ask another question and then another. The other 2 interviewers interceded and said they had asked enough questions. The 3rd person insisted upon asking me more.
    Fortunately, I was able to answer her questions and to her surprise got nods of approval from the other 2 present.
    Not sure why she felt she needed to do that, but I am thankful to Almighty God for giving me the wisdom to handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• If you have already made the deposit for the day, but a teacher brings you checks and cash totaling $240.00, what should you do?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was via phone. I spoke with the principal who try to sell the school to me by telling me that it was a military style school and that the students were uniforms. It was very miss leading because despite this, the students had several behavioral issues in general making it difficult to teach. The second interview was via Skype . Again, I spoke with the principal. She was very positive and seemed passionate about her work.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

PreK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This was a neutral interview it lasted about 20 minutes. There was a Pre-K teacher and the school principal who asks the questions. They ask questions about balanced literacy, past experiences working with families, how to deal with difficult an employee, challenges children face today. Overall both ladies were friendly.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy with straight to the point questions being asked. The interviewer went into great detail on the position as well as provided his expectations of the person chosen for the opening.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with your co-workers?   Answer Question