Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.5

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

These interviews are not easy. Most interviews you will go to have a panel of teachers sitting down in the interview process with you. Yes you might feel nervous just go in with confidence don't let them know your nervous. some principals you can tell don't care for you right off the bat, but everyone is different.

Talent and Development Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me at the same time. I was asked several questions as to how I would handle situations in the classroom, with staff members, and administration. Each person asked me about 5 questions each. They used the computer to record my answers. The questions weren't very difficult, just pulled from my previous experiences in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a lesson you would teach in a gifted and talented classroom.   Answer Question

I didn't want to go to the school where the position was located. It would have been an hour long drive.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3-panel review board that had prepared questions to ask. From what I could gather, they had asked the same questions to previous candidates. We were ending when one of the interviewers decided to ask another question and then another. The other 2 interviewers interceded and said they had asked enough questions. The 3rd person insisted upon asking me more.
    Fortunately, I was able to answer her questions and to her surprise got nods of approval from the other 2 present.
    Not sure why she felt she needed to do that, but I am thankful to Almighty God for giving me the wisdom to handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• If you have already made the deposit for the day, but a teacher brings you checks and cash totaling $240.00, what should you do?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was via phone. I spoke with the principal who try to sell the school to me by telling me that it was a military style school and that the students were uniforms. It was very miss leading because despite this, the students had several behavioral issues in general making it difficult to teach. The second interview was via Skype . Again, I spoke with the principal. She was very positive and seemed passionate about her work.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

PreK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This was a neutral interview it lasted about 20 minutes. There was a Pre-K teacher and the school principal who asks the questions. They ask questions about balanced literacy, past experiences working with families, how to deal with difficult an employee, challenges children face today. Overall both ladies were friendly.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy with straight to the point questions being asked. The interviewer went into great detail on the position as well as provided his expectations of the person chosen for the opening.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with your co-workers?   Answer Question

Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly because the assistant principal basically wanted to know if I had in skills in working with school aged children and how long have I being working in that capacity. In addition, telling me what the job entailed and what was expected of me if I was to get hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a student when they are not being cooperative?   1 Answer

Human Resources Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Salisbury, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat informal. However, the interviewers were very cordial. They asked very basic questions, which was surprising since the role I was interviewing for is the only HR position for the entire facility at the Salisbury, NC distribution center.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online. I was contacted 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview was held at the Hovis Rd office and was conducted by an HR representative and 2 CMS managers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I posted my resume and cover letter online and I was called in for an interview. I was picked from a large number of applicants. They then had me come back in for a second interview, but I was not hired. I also had an email message saying that at this time I was not hired but that they would keep my resume on file for future openings

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years from now? How can your teaching experience help you in the business field?   Answer Question