Charlotte Russe Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the store manager to set up an interview for the following week and it was an overall positive experience. She was super friendly and we chatted for a bit before starting the actual interview. A lot of questions that required you referring back to various situations at previous jobs held. Overall the actual interview took about half an hour and I was told I would be contacted soon with an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charlotte Russe

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in June 2017.

Interview

Standard script of customer service / operations questions, interviewing manager was engaging although questions were dry. Took place in the middle of a food court which was noisy but surprisingly not distracting. Background check process is overboard, check criminal, credit and driving record before employment.
    The money they save on management pay goes towards background checks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer and an associate have a disagreement at POS?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you have engaged employees and driven results that could be seen by your superiors.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an employee theft accusation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Bronx, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application got a call 2 weeks later sat down with the store manger who was a pleasure to meet with!! Now waiting to talk to the DM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Elizabeth, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

This interview was different than anything I would have expected for a Manager position. It was a Group Interview in the food Court at the Mall. There were 2 people interviewing in addition to myself. Very brief Manager mostly talked about herself.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions asked. Manager talked and stated she knew what she was looking for without needing to ask questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in April 2015.

Interview

I come from a restaurant background. I got a call pretty quick for an interview. The store manager was nice, but didn't look so good presentation wise. We had a good chat and I met some of the employees and was shown around the store. During that interview I was told about "extensive and detailed training" that I would go through and basically promised a job making more than the 30,000 I was making at my current job (and that I was supplementing with a second part time job). During that interview I had to go around the store and make a night and day outfit. Ok. I got called for a second interview and met the district manager and had a long conversation with both of them, was pretty much offered management job. The next day I got a call saying they were concerned because I "didn't know their products well enough"... And was instead offered a 10/hr job... To quit my 2 existing jobs. Made me feel like it was all misleading and full of smoke. All of this was in the course of a few weeks.

Interview Questions

I thought they were untrue of their intentions and promises, and wasted a lot of my time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2014.

Interview

Met with store manager and second meeting with DM. The meeting with the SM was very relaxing and with the DM it was the total opposite. Pay was not negotiable

Not enough pay

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Understanding the Charlotte Russe Brand. Knowing how to speak to the needs of the business. Knowing that you are leader and that as a leader you understand how to multi-task. Do you understand conversion? Do you understand what your strengths and opportunities are?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Interview with Store Manager, District Manager, and another store Manager in the District. All together it is a 3 round interview process.

Negotiation

It was very fair on their part.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Sell a complete outfit with accessories.

Interview Questions

• Questions are basic and common, like "Sell a complete outfit with accessories."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the District Manager. After that, I did a phone interview with the manager (she was in WI and relocating to IL) typically they would do in person interview. After that I went to the store to meet the manager and district manager. I filled out some paperwork and I did a 'on the floor interview' which involved me working on the sales floor for maybe 10 min or more as they reviewed what I did. Such as, did I pick up stuff off the floor, did I straighten, how many customers did I talk to? Did I talk to customers? Basically to see how I act/perform on the floor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I came from a store that never gave raises, they were cheap. I thought my hourly pay was good, from what I previously was paid. I learned, later on, I could have been getting paid a lot more than what I was. Always ask for more.