Charlotte Russe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Group interview where interviewer didn’t pay much attention to potential candidates. Questions were basic at best and at times didn’t coincide with our future roles. There also wasn’t much notice before interview, it was seemed kind of spur of the moment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied MONTHS before hearing anything so naturally I thought I didn't get it. They finally called in July and asked for a group interview (which is not usually a good way to interview) the Assisant Manager interviewed us and only really cared about our availability and not any of our skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your former employer describe you?   1 Answer
    • How is your availability?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Temecula, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A large group interview and we were told there were other large interview groups before and after us. Very fast paced interview. There were two girls that had already worked for Charlotte Russe so I could tell they already got the position. I thought my interview went well- I made sure to answer every question and remain engaged throughout. But I got an email several days later saying I did not get the position. Seems like a great company to work for- but this seasonal position was VERY competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Norman, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with another girl, but she didn't show up so I did it by myself. We spent a long time talking about my availability, which was kind of tricky at the time. She asked me three questions that she seemed to be picking randomly off a long sheet of possible questions. She spent a while telling me about their policies and then told me I would get a call the following Saturday if they decided to hire me.

One strange thing: the position I applied for was listed as seasonal, but when I interviewed the assistant manager acted like she expected me to have availability for the whole rest of the year. Probably a big reason that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you?   Answer Question

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and we had a very great initial interview. I was then notified that they were already down the road with another candidate, but they didn't want to bring me in to interview. I found out that the hiring manager didn't want to bring me in due to the lack of longevity in previous positions (note: a few positions were contract roles). I sent an email to the hiring manager stating I am looking for a role long term and wanting to grow with the company. To this day my email remains unanswered and the role remains open. Very unfortunate as I was a very qualified candidate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Showed up on time and was taken to the back of the store. Sat in the back and she ran through basic questions. The lady was polite, but I'd like to add that the only type of people I've ever seen work there are young women with brown/black hair with their noses always turned up. I've never seen a blonde or person of white or black skin work here. They only offer part time at 8$/hour. Store is small and usually with items scattered amongst the floor in a cluttered manner.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in school? Why would you like to work here (basic)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Oviedo, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and the next day i got an email asking to come in for an interview. when i got there i was the only one and they told me to go wait where the shoes were for everybody else. once everyone got there they led us in a backroom and sat us all down for a group interview. (take in mind that i have never had a job before) once the questions began, they were questions that there was no way for me to answer since they were only asking questions that were related to other jobs that i've had in the past. overall the interview wasn't set up good and was not very good for anyone who has never had a job before.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Houston, TX).

Interview

After applying online, I received an email requesting my presence for an interview. I applied for the ASM position; however, once the interview started, I found out that the interview was for a part-time Sales Associate position. The manager informed me that their are no openings for an ASM and she is not sure why their is a listing for it. With 4+ years of managerial experience, I had no intention of finishing the interview. I politely told the manager that I was not interested. Any future candidates, you may want to call to the store to verify the position that you are interviewing for before arrival. The email they send is automated and does not mention the position.

Photo Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager through my LinkedIn account. She was quite friendly over email. She conducted a phone screen, but did not offer me an in-person interview. The interviewer's attitude during the phone call was a bit callous . I got the impression she really wanted me to impress her with my "coolness". I could not picture myself working in an environment where that was normal behavior.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite trends and how would you implement them on the Charlotte Russe website?   Answer Question

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. They asked pretty standard and expected questions. However I felt she kept getting caught up in my answer to one question and rather than ask follow up questions she started telling me how she thought I would respond to the next few questions. I felt that no matter how I answered she was not actually listening to me.
    After asking about next steps and timelines, sending thoughtful and personal thank you notes to each of them and even discussing salary with the recruiter, neither the recruiter nor hiring manager ever responded. As another person indicated this position is still open. I am fine if they didn't think I was the right fit, but please respond to your candidates. I have been treated with more respect by strangers on the street.