Charlotte Russe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Tulsa, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 5 days for them to call me in for an interview. They called me and asked me to come in for an interview when the store opens. It was a group interview, which I personally didn't have a problem with since most interviews I've been in are group ones.

The interview was in the shoe section of the store, really laid back and chill. The interviewer was very laid back, chill, and super nice. She asked us SUPER basic questions. The interview was about 30 minutes because we also had to wait for a few more people to get there. For anyone applying and ends up making it to the interview, I would definitely wear something that fits your fashion style, but is also appropriate for an interview.

Overall, it was very chill and relaxed. During the interview, we were told that we would either get a call back within a few days saying we got the job, or we would receive an email saying we did not get the job. I got a call back literally two hours after the interview saying I got the job.

*The only thing I would say is a bit of a turn off is the fact that they pay minimum wage. Luckily, I am in a spot financially where that isn't a big issue, but for others who may not be able to live off that, you might want to find a place that pays above.

Interview Questions

• What is a store or restaurant that exemplifies good customer service?   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on an island, what are three things that you would want to have with you?   1 Answer
    • What one thing would a previous or current employer say about you that is good?   1 Answer

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and we had a very great initial interview. I was then notified that they were already down the road with another candidate, but they didn't want to bring me in to interview. I found out that the hiring manager didn't want to bring me in due to the lack of longevity in previous positions (note: a few positions were contract roles). I sent an email to the hiring manager stating I am looking for a role long term and wanting to grow with the company. To this day my email remains unanswered and the role remains open. Very unfortunate as I was a very qualified candidate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Showed up on time and was taken to the back of the store. Sat in the back and she ran through basic questions. The lady was polite, but I'd like to add that the only type of people I've ever seen work there are young women with brown/black hair with their noses always turned up. I've never seen a blonde or person of white or black skin work here. They only offer part time at 8$/hour. Store is small and usually with items scattered amongst the floor in a cluttered manner.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in school? Why would you like to work here (basic)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Oviedo, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and the next day i got an email asking to come in for an interview. when i got there i was the only one and they told me to go wait where the shoes were for everybody else. once everyone got there they led us in a backroom and sat us all down for a group interview. (take in mind that i have never had a job before) once the questions began, they were questions that there was no way for me to answer since they were only asking questions that were related to other jobs that i've had in the past. overall the interview wasn't set up good and was not very good for anyone who has never had a job before.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Group Interview, I applied online and came in person, we took turns answering basic questions. They were all super easy, and the manager explained what she expected of us if we were hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Houston, TX).

Interview

After applying online, I received an email requesting my presence for an interview. I applied for the ASM position; however, once the interview started, I found out that the interview was for a part-time Sales Associate position. The manager informed me that their are no openings for an ASM and she is not sure why their is a listing for it. With 4+ years of managerial experience, I had no intention of finishing the interview. I politely told the manager that I was not interested. Any future candidates, you may want to call to the store to verify the position that you are interviewing for before arrival. The email they send is automated and does not mention the position.

Photo Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager through my LinkedIn account. She was quite friendly over email. She conducted a phone screen, but did not offer me an in-person interview. The interviewer's attitude during the phone call was a bit callous . I got the impression she really wanted me to impress her with my "coolness". I could not picture myself working in an environment where that was normal behavior.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite trends and how would you implement them on the Charlotte Russe website?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

A lot of common knowledge questions, you have to fill out a paper test which is called the "key quiz". There was about 15 questions, and you are given a lot of paperwork to study from before taking the quiz.

Interview Questions

• List opening closing procedures, what to do in case of an LP issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Augusta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied while they were not hiring in November 2016 and got called in for an interview February 2017. The process was honestly very laid back and comfortable. It was a group interview. I was there with three other girls and the person interviewing us was amazing.

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. They asked pretty standard and expected questions. However I felt she kept getting caught up in my answer to one question and rather than ask follow up questions she started telling me how she thought I would respond to the next few questions. I felt that no matter how I answered she was not actually listening to me.
    After asking about next steps and timelines, sending thoughtful and personal thank you notes to each of them and even discussing salary with the recruiter, neither the recruiter nor hiring manager ever responded. As another person indicated this position is still open. I am fine if they didn't think I was the right fit, but please respond to your candidates. I have been treated with more respect by strangers on the street.