Charlotte Russe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I walked in ten minutes early and was asked to wait for the other girls. It was 3 more girls and 1 guy. We walked outside of the store into some couches which I thought it was very weird. He asked the WEIRDEST questions that had NOTHING to do with the store. I disliked everything about the interview, I will NEVER apply at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest Kingdom thing you have made?

Tell me about yourself?

Do you have any boyfriends/girlfriends?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Oviedo, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and the next day i got an email asking to come in for an interview. when i got there i was the only one and they told me to go wait where the shoes were for everybody else. once everyone got there they led us in a backroom and sat us all down for a group interview. (take in mind that i have never had a job before) once the questions began, they were questions that there was no way for me to answer since they were only asking questions that were related to other jobs that i've had in the past. overall the interview wasn't set up good and was not very good for anyone who has never had a job before.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was late to my interview being maybe 5 minutes due to the subway being late. I didn't hired be because of that. They hold group interviews so they had to proceed on time. I applied again and was on time. I feel like for the position I was applying for, which was a sales associate, the interview was a built difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in April 2015.

Interview

I come from a restaurant background. I got a call pretty quick for an interview. The store manager was nice, but didn't look so good presentation wise. We had a good chat and I met some of the employees and was shown around the store. During that interview I was told about "extensive and detailed training" that I would go through and basically promised a job making more than the 30,000 I was making at my current job (and that I was supplementing with a second part time job). During that interview I had to go around the store and make a night and day outfit. Ok. I got called for a second interview and met the district manager and had a long conversation with both of them, was pretty much offered management job. The next day I got a call saying they were concerned because I "didn't know their products well enough"... And was instead offered a 10/hr job... To quit my 2 existing jobs. Made me feel like it was all misleading and full of smoke. All of this was in the course of a few weeks.

Interview Questions

I thought they were untrue of their intentions and promises, and wasted a lot of my time.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Interview

Moved very quick between rounds.1st HR round & then on site with 5 different managers. A positive experience & not too intimidating. Mostly situation based questions & in a conversational manner.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2014.

Interview

Met with store manager and second meeting with DM. The meeting with the SM was very relaxing and with the DM it was the total opposite. Pay was not negotiable

Not enough pay

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First they called me for a short phone interview with HR, we just went over my resume. Then, I went to the HQ for a 1:1interview with 3 people from the department. It was a very average interview, no hard questions, more like a mutual conversation.

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. They asked pretty standard and expected questions. However I felt she kept getting caught up in my answer to one question and rather than ask follow up questions she started telling me how she thought I would respond to the next few questions. I felt that no matter how I answered she was not actually listening to me.
    After asking about next steps and timelines, sending thoughtful and personal thank you notes to each of them and even discussing salary with the recruiter, neither the recruiter nor hiring manager ever responded. As another person indicated this position is still open. I am fine if they didn't think I was the right fit, but please respond to your candidates. I have been treated with more respect by strangers on the street.

Retail Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and we had a very great initial interview. I was then notified that they were already down the road with another candidate, but they didn't want to bring me in to interview. I found out that the hiring manager didn't want to bring me in due to the lack of longevity in previous positions (note: a few positions were contract roles). I sent an email to the hiring manager stating I am looking for a role long term and wanting to grow with the company. To this day my email remains unanswered and the role remains open. Very unfortunate as I was a very qualified candidate for this position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Bakersfield, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you do a group interview with 3-5 people with 2 managers. They ask the group a question and are looking for the ones who put themselves out there more to answer the questions they ask. If you get called back, they will schedule you with the store manger for the final interview!

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you look up to for style inspiration?   1 Answer