Charlotte Russe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied MONTHS before hearing anything so naturally I thought I didn't get it. They finally called in July and asked for a group interview (which is not usually a good way to interview) the Assisant Manager interviewed us and only really cared about our availability and not any of our skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your former employer describe you?   1 Answer
    • How is your availability?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Moreno Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. Only about 3-4 questions, mostly of the interview was a lot of explaining about the store and the job. It wasn't like we went around the circle each giving an answer to the question, it was just whoever spoke up to answer it.

Interview Questions

• What are signs that someone is trying to shoplift?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2017.

Interview

The Charlotte Russe I applied to does group interviews which was a new concept to me. There were 2 other girls who interviewed with me which made it feel like a competition. The interview questions were all fairly easy and expected for a sales associate position. I recommend you wear clothing similar to the clothes they sell and also to answer the questions first out of the group. In my opinion, answering the questions first because everybody usually has the same answer so you wanna show you are original. Overall the interview was very laid back and easy. I was offered the job about 10 minutes after I left.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The Interview process was pretty easy. Once you apply you get this questionnaire and that's your actual interview but you still need to show up for the face to face interview. She only asked my availability and two questions. She said we would get an email saying if we got the job or not withing 48 hours and I got my email within 40 min.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe in June 2017.

Interview

Standard script of customer service / operations questions, interviewing manager was engaging although questions were dry. Took place in the middle of a food court which was noisy but surprisingly not distracting. Background check process is overboard, check criminal, credit and driving record before employment.
    The money they save on management pay goes towards background checks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer and an associate have a disagreement at POS?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you have engaged employees and driven results that could be seen by your superiors.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an employee theft accusation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

When the lady called for the interview she was very cold. And I called back to make sure it was the right place and she didn't even write down the time of my interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Temecula, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A large group interview and we were told there were other large interview groups before and after us. Very fast paced interview. There were two girls that had already worked for Charlotte Russe so I could tell they already got the position. I thought my interview went well- I made sure to answer every question and remain engaged throughout. But I got an email several days later saying I did not get the position. Seems like a great company to work for- but this seasonal position was VERY competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very Easy and fun! I was asked a few questions about myself, my future and then asked to put an outfit for a specific type of event/style and it was great! Just be yourself and get comfortable with the interviewer! Ask them a few questions, yourself!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Charlotte Russe out of every other brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

About two weeks after I applied online, I received an interview request via email. When I called in to schedule my interview, I was told that it would be a group interview. The interview was held in the mall food court and an assistant manager was the one asking us questions. Before the interview began, she told us that we could get a call/email to come in for a second interview. Me and the two other girls took turns answering questions and it was pretty casual. (Answering first shows that you are confident, so I would suggest doing so) Less than a week after the first interview, I received an email asking me to schedule my second interview. This time the interview was held in the back of the store and it was just me and one other girl. A different assistant manager asked us questions, but it was also pretty laid back and the questions were fairly easy. After a week and a half, I got a call from the assistant manager I first interviewed with offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Charlotte Russe? Where would you say offers the best customer service? What did you like about your last job? Where do you get your fashion inspiration? What fashion trends are you into right now? What do you do to manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Tulsa, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 5 days for them to call me in for an interview. They called me and asked me to come in for an interview when the store opens. It was a group interview, which I personally didn't have a problem with since most interviews I've been in are group ones.

The interview was in the shoe section of the store, really laid back and chill. The interviewer was very laid back, chill, and super nice. She asked us SUPER basic questions. The interview was about 30 minutes because we also had to wait for a few more people to get there. For anyone applying and ends up making it to the interview, I would definitely wear something that fits your fashion style, but is also appropriate for an interview.

Overall, it was very chill and relaxed. During the interview, we were told that we would either get a call back within a few days saying we got the job, or we would receive an email saying we did not get the job. I got a call back literally two hours after the interview saying I got the job.

*The only thing I would say is a bit of a turn off is the fact that they pay minimum wage. Luckily, I am in a spot financially where that isn't a big issue, but for others who may not be able to live off that, you might want to find a place that pays above.

Interview Questions

• What is a store or restaurant that exemplifies good customer service?   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on an island, what are three things that you would want to have with you?   1 Answer
    • What one thing would a previous or current employer say about you that is good?   1 Answer