Charlotte Russe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

Took about 2 weeks to get a call, interview was the next week, offered job a week later. Average job interview process. Interviewed with either District Manager, very helpful if you have previous store manager experience, as most questions revolved around that.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

The hiring process was in person, the store manager asked questions about your retail experience, fashion icons, trends you enjoyed, etc. I was hired on the spot but the management seems to be lacking organization and communication skills.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com and 3 days later I received a phone call asking if I were interested in coming in for one of the 2 group interviews they were having

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Charlotte Russe   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Really chill interview on a mall bench outside the store. Manager was super nice and it was an easy and friendly process! Despite the traditional interview questions it felt way more relaxed and conversational. Got the interview offer a month after applying but I got the job on site immediately after I asked her my questions!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you got negative feedback and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a customer ask for a dressing room and another asked for shoes from the back at the same time?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time when you didn't want to take responsibility?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Troy, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very casual group interview (4 of us) with the assistant store manager. Our interview was an hour before the store opened on the ottoman in the shoe section. The interviewer would ask us questions and we took turns answering her. There's no need to be nervous, just be yourself. Try not to repeat other people's answers if you can avoid it. BE ON TIME. You don't have to dress in business attire, but, you still should dress nicely as if you were working there and wanted to attract customers to ask you for help picking their outfit. Lastly, have a question prepared to ask them at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail before? If not, what kind of work experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • From a customer's point of view, what is a Charlotte Russe Girl? What would you do to uphold the customer's vision of a Charlotte Russe girl?   Answer Question
    • Why Charlotte Russe?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If the store was really busy, you had a long line of customers to check out, and you were asked to complete a project in the store before your shift was over, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Flagstaff, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, it was me and one other girl. We held the interview at the mall's food court. We were interviewed by the store's assistant manager, she was very nice and the interview was pretty laid back and conversational. I got a call about coming back for a second interview with the store manager but I declined because I wanted a position where I could work more hours. I had asked during the original interview about how many hours I could expect to work and it was only about 10-15 per week and 20 at the maximum.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a recent customer service experience that was positive for you and why
      Q: Tell us about a time where you disagreed with a friend or coworker and how you handled it.
      Q: Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      Q: What was a goal you've set and how did you achieve it?
      Answer Question

I declined because I wanted a job with more hours, I asked during the interview and she said they only hired for about 10-15 per week, with 20 max.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

They do group interviews most of the time, but when your group doesnt show up then your on your own and have to do it by yourself. COme dressed trendy but still professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Filled in a job application during Labor Day weekend. Got a call about a week later for a group interview with two other girls. Made a night to day outfit and was hired on the stop. Typical interview questions and procedures. Come dressed fashionably, suit isn't required.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

Online application and then got called for an interview the next day. Asked to do a few scenarios and then answered a couple of questions. It was a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• To pick out an outfit to go from work to a date night without a whole wardrobe change.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview started on time. We basically told her about ourselves then she went on to explain the company and what's expected . It was a pretty easy interview. Have to wait a few weeks to know if you got the job or not.