Charlotte Russe Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

1.9

185 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Denver, CO).

Interview

I met with one of the store managers. She was very sweet and easy going. She asked me about my previous retail experience, a situational question, and she asked me about my interests and hobbies

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Charlotte Russe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied MONTHS before hearing anything so naturally I thought I didn't get it. They finally called in July and asked for a group interview (which is not usually a good way to interview) the Assisant Manager interviewed us and only really cared about our availability and not any of our skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your former employer describe you?   1 Answer
    • How is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The Interview process was pretty easy. Once you apply you get this questionnaire and that's your actual interview but you still need to show up for the face to face interview. She only asked my availability and two questions. She said we would get an email saying if we got the job or not withing 48 hours and I got my email within 40 min.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

When the lady called for the interview she was very cold. And I called back to make sure it was the right place and she didn't even write down the time of my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very Easy and fun! I was asked a few questions about myself, my future and then asked to put an outfit for a specific type of event/style and it was great! Just be yourself and get comfortable with the interviewer! Ask them a few questions, yourself!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Charlotte Russe out of every other brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

About two weeks after I applied online, I received an interview request via email. When I called in to schedule my interview, I was told that it would be a group interview. The interview was held in the mall food court and an assistant manager was the one asking us questions. Before the interview began, she told us that we could get a call/email to come in for a second interview. Me and the two other girls took turns answering questions and it was pretty casual. (Answering first shows that you are confident, so I would suggest doing so) Less than a week after the first interview, I received an email asking me to schedule my second interview. This time the interview was held in the back of the store and it was just me and one other girl. A different assistant manager asked us questions, but it was also pretty laid back and the questions were fairly easy. After a week and a half, I got a call from the assistant manager I first interviewed with offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Charlotte Russe? Where would you say offers the best customer service? What did you like about your last job? Where do you get your fashion inspiration? What fashion trends are you into right now? What do you do to manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Tulsa, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 5 days for them to call me in for an interview. They called me and asked me to come in for an interview when the store opens. It was a group interview, which I personally didn't have a problem with since most interviews I've been in are group ones.

The interview was in the shoe section of the store, really laid back and chill. The interviewer was very laid back, chill, and super nice. She asked us SUPER basic questions. The interview was about 30 minutes because we also had to wait for a few more people to get there. For anyone applying and ends up making it to the interview, I would definitely wear something that fits your fashion style, but is also appropriate for an interview.

Overall, it was very chill and relaxed. During the interview, we were told that we would either get a call back within a few days saying we got the job, or we would receive an email saying we did not get the job. I got a call back literally two hours after the interview saying I got the job.

*The only thing I would say is a bit of a turn off is the fact that they pay minimum wage. Luckily, I am in a spot financially where that isn't a big issue, but for others who may not be able to live off that, you might want to find a place that pays above.

Interview Questions

• What is a store or restaurant that exemplifies good customer service?   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on an island, what are three things that you would want to have with you?   1 Answer
    • What one thing would a previous or current employer say about you that is good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Norman, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with another girl, but she didn't show up so I did it by myself. We spent a long time talking about my availability, which was kind of tricky at the time. She asked me three questions that she seemed to be picking randomly off a long sheet of possible questions. She spent a while telling me about their policies and then told me I would get a call the following Saturday if they decided to hire me.

One strange thing: the position I applied for was listed as seasonal, but when I interviewed the assistant manager acted like she expected me to have availability for the whole rest of the year. Probably a big reason that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Showed up on time and was taken to the back of the store. Sat in the back and she ran through basic questions. The lady was polite, but I'd like to add that the only type of people I've ever seen work there are young women with brown/black hair with their noses always turned up. I've never seen a blonde or person of white or black skin work here. They only offer part time at 8$/hour. Store is small and usually with items scattered amongst the floor in a cluttered manner.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in school? Why would you like to work here (basic)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Oviedo, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online and the next day i got an email asking to come in for an interview. when i got there i was the only one and they told me to go wait where the shoes were for everybody else. once everyone got there they led us in a backroom and sat us all down for a group interview. (take in mind that i have never had a job before) once the questions began, they were questions that there was no way for me to answer since they were only asking questions that were related to other jobs that i've had in the past. overall the interview wasn't set up good and was not very good for anyone who has never had a job before.