Charming Charlie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

Submitted an application online. Had a phone interview, then had an in-person interview at a local store. I was asked basic questions about retail and problem-solving. Then had to participate in a "styling" exercise, where I was asked to use the merchandise in the store to create an outfit for my favorite celebrity.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had one interview in person and got a call the next day offering me the position. I called the store I was interested in working at near my house and they said they were looking for sales associates. So I applied online and she called me the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was easy and went well. She offered me the position the next day.

Style Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Lombard, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I went into the store to ask about the now hiring sign on the front door. I spoke with the store manager, and she told me when to apply onIine and for her specific store. For the face to face interview, I talked with the store manager, answering standard questions. Then, she asked me to go to the sales floor and create an entire look for a customer. I did two and she liked them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create an entire look for a customer. I could use anything in the store, as long as I included clothing, handbag, jewelry and shoes.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Bloomingdale, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First was in person about an hour in length that was fine because they were very detailed on the job description in all aspects! Second was a phone interview about maybe a week later with one district manager the one for the store was not there at the time then my final was another phone one with the Dm for my location should have been in person however with consideration of previous circumstances I was able to do a phone one. The first one actually had two parts as well consisting of all componits of senior managers. Not to bad but I thought for a retail position a lot. But in the end well worth it!

Charmer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later! For the first interview I met with a manager who asked me questions about my experience and school (I am a fashion major at a university) and had me put together an outfit with accessories. She told me she wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview with the store manager, who asked me a few questions and then hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best day at work/school? What about your worst day?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Charming Charlies?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at your old job when you could not meet the customers request?   Answer Question
    • Whats your availability?   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Charmer/Style Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Orland Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was relatively easy. They ask you wear all black ( well when i applied over a year and half ago, now they ask that you dress business casual). You would originally meet with a group, but for me I received a one-on-one. The back room at this location is the size of our pinky and you have to maneuver around everything just to get to the back office. The interview listed about 15 minutes and a few days later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which celebrity do you look up to in regards to fashion sense and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told you what your pay would be and that was it. They then told you what day to come in to fill out your paperwork.

Charmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Gurnee, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I saw a job listing on Snagajob.com so I filled out the application online. About a week later, I was called for an interview. I ended up having to call back and reschedule it because of a sudden conflict and the manager was very understanding. The interview was with the store manager, another candidate and myself. She asked us pretty simple questions, such as "what is excellent customer service?" and "if you could have any celebrity's closet, who would you choose?". They end the interview by asking you to go out into the store to create an outfit for the celebrity you mentioned earlier. The outfit must be easily converted from a day look into a night look and it must reflect the celebrity's current style choices. All in all, it was pretty simple. I made an outfit for Taylor Swift and I chose bold, retro-looking colors and patterns and they loved it. I got a call two days later saying I got the job! It was very simple and super fun. Most definitely the most interactive interview I've ever had!

Interview Questions

• Which celebrity would you like to trade closets with and why? Be careful with this question because they have you go out into the store and create an outfit for the celebrity you chose)
      Where do you love to shop and why?
      What trends do you follow right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was in a group interview with 4 other girls and two managers. We were asked about current trends we really liked, where do we get our fashion inspiration, along with basic interview questions. After the interview questions, we were given a scenario and told to create an outfit with the items in the store based on that scenario and then describe why you chose the items you did.

Interview Questions

• If you were to see an employee putting something in their pocket, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer
    • Where do you get your fashion inspiration from? (Person, magazines, etc.)   1 Answer

Charmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call weeks later (at least she was polite about it...) and was scheduled for a group interview. After that I had a one-on-one interview. The manager was a bit snippy to one interviewee whom didn't wear jewelry. The interview was conducted in the back room, but my store has since then been conducting them on the floor, which looks like it would be terribly distracting!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question