Charming Charlie Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.4

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very fast response to my job inquiry, and the phone interview was pretty generic. However, when I when I send a follow up email to say thank you for their time a few days later, the HR person said that she sent me an email letting me know I was not selected. (I did not receive an email). I thought that was a little unprofessional.

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Immediate response after submitted resume online to their website. Had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person with potential manager and cross functional peers. Talent acquisition was good at following up and scheduling everything. Had to take an exam online

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to discuss what I was looking for. Offer relocation and housing assistance

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable process and they make you feel welcomed. The interview was one on one and they are so friendly. I went to the store for my interview and we went in the back office. the interview itself took about 30 minutes and once I was hired i stayed to read over the employee handbook and got all set up

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was as follows: 1) Phone interview with potential direct supervisor, 2) Project management, decision making personality and analytical skills assessment completed online, 3) Traveled to Houston, TX for 1:1 interviews, 4) Reference, employment, and background checks completed, 5) Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• - What are ways you would recommend improving customer service at Charming Charlie?   Answer Question

Inventory Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview where questions about past experience and resume items were asked, very informal and easy going. Basically just described the job function, asked about skills that would be applicable to the job and verified some information.

Corporate Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Complete background and assessment testing. Interview with HR, corp mgmt., and a few other people. They will fly you out if they like you over the phone and pay for relocation.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I saw a job posting by a recruiter and applied. Had a two interviews with a recruiter and he setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Which turned into two phone interviews because time was short and we were both a little long winded. Afterward we scheduled and off-site meeting with the recruiter, myself and the hiring manager which seemed to go really well (not knock it out the park well but very good) At that point the recruiter was telling me that to expect an offer any day. But he was a recruiter and you know what there like.
    And that is where the story ended. Everyone had nice things to say but I don't have any idea what happened. To be fair they really didn't have a great idea of what they were looking for and had changed the job recruitments a few times before they contacted me.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency who quickly set up an interview with Charming Charlie hiring managers. I interviewed with Sr. Buyers from two departments as well as an HR employee. Seemed as if they just wanted to make sure they like you and can work with you. Was offered the job that same afternoon and started working the next week

Interview Questions

• What is the most complicated formula you are able to perform in Excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be confident in your excel skills

Merchandise Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The recruiting representative that contacted me for the initial interview was very friendly. She didn't ask too probing of questions, and it went well. The manager asked more in depth skill-oriented questions, but that interview went well. The third interview, the in-person one, didn't go as well. The HR manager came in taking the place of the HR rep who I interviewed with, and she must have been having a terrible day. She was 15 minutes late to the interview, didn't know where the room we were interviewing in was, and seemed to be in a rush the entire time. I should have walked out because she wouldn't have hired anyone that day, she didn't even let the manager do any of the talking, she dominated the entire interview.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Behavior based interview with team. Reviewed fit of previous experience with current experience. Next round of interviews was with corporate leaders.