Charming Charlie Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

I should have realized in the interview this wasn't going to be the place for me. I was needing a job, and even though I knew this was far from the type of company I would choose to work for in a strong job market, I took the offer anyway and kept on looking. By far, the worst company I've ever worked for and the weakest senior management team I've ever been associated with. My best day was the day I was offered the same position in another company with a strong management team and positive company culture.

Interview Questions

• The most stupid ridiculous questions that had very little to do with the actual responsibility of the position. The interviewer was not professional in any sense of the word.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a pre-screening interview with the talent manager which was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had an in-person interview onsite with the CIO, Two team managers and a project manager. Most of the questions were behavioral and the interview was more like a conversation. The entire process went smoothly and the talent manager did an excellent job on providing feedback and a timeline on when a decision would be made. I would say even if I did not receive an offer or feedback on my interview I would still rate the experience as positive. It was very nice to work with such a great talent manager for once and actually hear back on how I did in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how experienced I was with SQL and what types of functions I was able to write   Answer Question
    • Asked me about times of successes and failures at my current job   Answer Question
    • Asked me how I handled conflict and pressure in the workplace   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

From what I remember, I interviewed with the HR manager over the phone first about my past experience and then the following week met with two different hiring managers- one over the phone and one in person. Roughly 2 weeks later was presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? (worst question ever)   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very fast response to my job inquiry, and the phone interview was pretty generic. However, when I when I send a follow up email to say thank you for their time a few days later, the HR person said that she sent me an email letting me know I was not selected. (I did not receive an email). I thought that was a little unprofessional.

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Immediate response after submitted resume online to their website. Had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person with potential manager and cross functional peers. Talent acquisition was good at following up and scheduling everything. Had to take an exam online

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to discuss what I was looking for. Offer relocation and housing assistance

Sales Associate, "Charmer" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable process and they make you feel welcomed. The interview was one on one and they are so friendly. I went to the store for my interview and we went in the back office. the interview itself took about 30 minutes and once I was hired i stayed to read over the employee handbook and got all set up

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was as follows: 1) Phone interview with potential direct supervisor, 2) Project management, decision making personality and analytical skills assessment completed online, 3) Traveled to Houston, TX for 1:1 interviews, 4) Reference, employment, and background checks completed, 5) Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• - What are ways you would recommend improving customer service at Charming Charlie?   Answer Question

Inventory Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview where questions about past experience and resume items were asked, very informal and easy going. Basically just described the job function, asked about skills that would be applicable to the job and verified some information.

Corporate Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX).

Interview

Complete background and assessment testing. Interview with HR, corp mgmt., and a few other people. They will fly you out if they like you over the phone and pay for relocation.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I saw a job posting by a recruiter and applied. Had a two interviews with a recruiter and he setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Which turned into two phone interviews because time was short and we were both a little long winded. Afterward we scheduled and off-site meeting with the recruiter, myself and the hiring manager which seemed to go really well (not knock it out the park well but very good) At that point the recruiter was telling me that to expect an offer any day. But he was a recruiter and you know what there like.
    And that is where the story ended. Everyone had nice things to say but I don't have any idea what happened. To be fair they really didn't have a great idea of what they were looking for and had changed the job recruitments a few times before they contacted me.