Charming Charlie Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charming Charlie Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Riverside, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call 1 1/2 week after submitting application, interview was a bit awkward, manager was a bit of a mess, didn't really make eye contact, said she would call back to tell us if we did/didn't get the job and she never did

Interview Questions

• Got 8 mins to look around and choose an outfit for the scenario she gave us   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charming Charlie

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was very upbeat and very relaxed. I loved that they made me pic out an outfit. What a great idea for a interview. I also had to pick out jewelry to match

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview

I had 2 interviews for Charming Charlie. The first wasn't too bad, the Assistant Manager interviewed me first, I was just asked generic retail questions. The General Store Manager interviewed me the second time and it was somewhat similar to the first. One weird thing that should have been a red flag for me was how adamant the AM was to find someone who was "drama free" and she let me know about some of the rude people she interviewed before me, which is weird because I've never had that happen before. After working for them for a short time I came to realize that the managers were the main source of drama at the store. They were very aggressive when it came to selling and constantly talking and criticizing your performance over the walkies. As someone who has dealt with social anxiety for years (in past jobs my bosses have been pretty laid back with selling, making it more comfortable & pleasant) it was very nerve wracking to try and talk to customers when your managers were making you feel inadequate your entire shift. All in all, Charming Charlie was definitely the worst retail company I've ever worked for. In my opinion, this company needs to tone down the aggressive selling and learn to go with the flow.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charming Charlie in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to come into an interview the very next day. I made sure I clarified with the manager over the phone my start date to make sure they still wanted to interview me. Manager said it was okay, so I went to the interview only to have the manager tell me that they actually wanted me to start working much earlier and if I could not then she could not continue with the interview. Was a huge waste of my time.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Make an outfit, describe why you chose those items and try and sell it. Answer other questions about previous experience and what "would you do if" scenarios. Just be confident and smile. Bring the energy.

Interview Questions

• Make an outfit for a certain occasion using items in the store and your knowledge of current trends.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Short interview with more questions about style preferences and how you would put together and outfit versus questions asked about other qualifications. Availability is huge within the company as you must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in and asked for a necklace to go with her outfit, which would you pick and what other questions would you ask?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charming Charlie.

Interview

Keep a great attitude and have confidence. Show that you can give great service.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Palmdale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a week by the store manager. He asked me a few general questions about myself and then asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and he brought me to the back and asked me more general questions about the job and my experience. I was then offered the job on the spot and began training the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charming Charlie in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed online and called the manager of the store to follow up a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest accomplishment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charming Charlie (Southlake, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I was told to be there for my interview at 10 but the manager didn't arrive till 10:45, luckily there was plenty to look at in the store. The manager was very friendly but didn't seem very interested in doing the interview. She was not the manager I had scheduled my interview with. She only asked me three questions. Why would you like to work here, why don't you like you other job, and my experience in retail and fashion. I was not given much time to say an answer before she would move on to the next question. I would have felt more comfortable if the process was not rushed. But overall it was quick and she did ask for copies of my IDs.