Chart Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chart Industries Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.4

Coop Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus. The interview was easy, I was asked a few general behavior questions and the interviewer gave me an introduction of the coop program.

The second interview is onsite. Met with supervisers in different departments and got a tour of the factory.

Interview Questions

• The interviews are not hard. You just have to be interested and get well prepared. Ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chart Industries in November 2010.

Interview

Very easy process. I was interested in interviewing with the company for a position and I received an interview. The interview consisted of a discription of what the company is involved in and working environment along with some Q&A. The follow up lead to a second interview and tour with some of the other employees. People seemed great and the work environment seemed great as well.

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chart Industries in February 2013.

Interview

Orignially emailed by HR to set up an initial phone interview. Phone interview was with the hiring manager. In this case I had prepared much more than the interviewer, there were no thoughtful questions about my experience or background. My questions were met with short and generic answers, which in turn explains a lot about the team and/or company.

Chart Industries Response

Aug 5, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your feedback; I commend you for working hard to prepare for the interview; although you did not get an offer, I am sure this impressed the interviewer. Manager interviewing is one of the... More

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Ball Ground, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with project manager and two engineers in an informal interview. I was told in the interview that they had one more candidate to screen, but left feeling very confident I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I was middle asked about work and educational history as they scanned my resume. They did want details regarding experience with CAD. It seems that is a very important skill for this division of the comapny. It was a conversational interview.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was fairly easy and standard. They seem to rely a lot more on body of work and your in person presence then on tests or other metrics. It was fairly quick until contract negotiation, that took awhile, but we reached a mutually agreeable solution.

Coop Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Canton, GA).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview with several managers. The R&D manager took me on a tour of the factory floor and R&D lab. The interview itself was more conversational than anything and was focused on my educational background and extracurriculars.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe your background in experimental design and documentation.   1 Answer

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ball Ground, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Ball Ground, GA).

Interview

Decent Interview overall, fairly relaxed, possibly to unprepared, but OK overall. The one surprise was that a person that would be REPORTING to me slid in and interviewed me, I believe unknown to all. That was slightly awkward, but not terrible. Only bad piece was that everyone seemed pretty positive and I was told that an offer would be made within a week. 3 weeks later I got the email that an offer had been made to another candidate

Weld Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chart Industries (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

Questions about my background, expertise, why I am looking to relocate, etc. Flew me out to La Crosse they didnt seem to interested in their work, but that may be due to the fact its a union shop. Older crowd when it came to the engineering department and myself being younger I dont think they thought I would fit in with company and living in the La Crosse area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to La Crosse area?   1 Answer

Chart Industries Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Corporate HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to explore an opportunity with Chart, and provide your feedback. We are often fortunate to have multiple strong candidates in the final interview stage. A final hiring... More

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chart Industries.

Interview

Interview location was less than ideal.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience in putting together onboarding programs?   Answer Question

R&DAirsep Corp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Buffalo, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus recruiting website and got a call from the HR a week later. Fixed an appointment to meet next day with the department head for an interview. The result was out on the following week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions were asked. The job description matched my profile, so I was asking few doubts about the department and the process involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go ahead and clear all your doubts during the chance you get.