Chart Industries Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chart Industries

1 Interview Review

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Canton, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was the most bizarre interview experience in my 17-yr career history. An HR Rep arranged a 45-minute phone screen with the Hiring Manager. After the successful completion of it, a week later, I was sent an email invite to interview with 5 Executives within the company in two weeks. The day of my interview, I received an email notification that it was being cancelled, just 40 minutes before it was scheduled to begin. I was already driving to their office in my suit and had prepped for the 5-person round robin for a few days. I was informed the interview was cancelled because the position was put on hold.

The next day, the Hiring Manager informed me that the role was not on hold as an HR Rep had indicated to me. The next week, an HR Rep and the Hiring Manager arranged to meet me at a restaurant instead of at the company office. I thought this was very odd. Never before did a company invite me to interview at a restaurant vs their office.

Even thought they told me that we'd just "chat", I put on my suit to look professional. I’m very glad I dressed up because they asked me numerous technical operations and marketing protocol questions during the "chat". Their actions were identical to what one expects or experiences in a professional interview in an office.

The HR Rep was unprofessional and odd as she referred to herself as a “big girl now” and had informed me that she just relocated from her childhood town for the first time. She said the company was restructuring and relocated her to cut jobs in order to bring about change.

At the conclusion of the meeting, they told me I would have a chance to interview with the other Executives who I should have met a week prior but was unable to due to the last minute cancellation of the interview. I was told that I would receive a call from a VP, the next day as he was travelling abroad in Asia. I sent a follow up thank you for the meeting and awaited next steps. I never received the call I was told to expect.

4 days after my interview, I received an email informing me that my employment application had been transferred to a new, similar role with the same requirements. I forwarded the email to the Hiring Manager and asked if I was no longer under consideration for the role that I’d applied to and discussed/interviewed for at the restaurant. He did not respond. A week later, I asked for a candidate status update. I was told that other candidates were being interviewed at the office and that I should hear from them shortly. I wondered why other candidates got to be interviewed at the office while I was asked to meet at a restaurant.

The whole situation was very odd as I'd never had a final interview session cancelled just minutes before it was to begin. The Hiring Manager said they'd put the job on hold a week before my interview date so I didn't know why they didn't give me more warning out of common professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a product COGS was very high but its quality/performance was lower than expected for the COGS? What steps would you take to handle the situation?   Answer Question